Second Skin Audio

just picked up a 15" btl. have a question or 2

long time no see! so i just picked up this btl. guy said he had it for 2 weeks before it stopped working (sat in room for 2 years). i tested it with a dmm, and no reading on either coil. first thing i noticed was movement in the sub. between the motor and the basket. picked it up anyway. now, how could there be a gap there? only thing i can think of is that the screws backed out. only way to access them is to rip the sprider up. i read somewhere that threadlocker is recommended on them. there wasnt any. coil is completely demolished, and i can only imagine it being from the movement of the motor. i cleaned the gap out, now waiting on a recone ($$$$). any word of advice? did fi screw up? hoping that i can salvage it and it takes a recone. another thing, how do i tell if i had a flat wound coil, or the xmax one, and if it has the universal option?

IMAG0658.jpg

IMAG0657.jpg

duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

does the wire on the coil look round or flat?

look for writing on the coil and or pole piece of motor saying if its universal if you dont see it you may have measure the gap and give them te measurements

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

Archived