Second Skin Audio

Did I design my ported box right?

So this is my first time building a box and the past couple days I have been looking at designs. What I decided to make was a 2 common wall slot ported box. It is for 2 15" CVR's on a 1700.1 hifonics. Tuned at 31-32 Hz. Basically I just want to know whether I did it right or not. If I messed up please tell me where I messed up at. I am including 3 pictures. 1 of torres and 2 of sketchup. The dimensions are in the pictures but in case you cannot see the box exterior dimensions are 44"Wx27.5Dx16.75H and the port is 7.5"Wx15.25"Hx30"L. I left the port length drawn in the picture and the measurements are 1' 7 5/8" + 7 15/16" + 2 7/16" which should equal 30. Also the width of the port by the wedge and in the back is 3". Thanks for all your replies hope I included enough info.

cvrcenterportfinal2.png

centerportcvr15finaltorres.png

cvrcenterportfinal.png

you forgot to add sub displacement

and try to keep the port at around 14 per ft

once you do that you should have a bit more net

if you can spare some more space do it, you wont regret it,

and is there any resion you want it tuned that low,

personal myself if you cant spare any space drop the port down and tune it closer to 35-36hz

2zhdswm.png

Only things that changed were the width of the box and port. Hz is a little higher and I want to keep it lower because I mainly listen to rap/hip hop and dubstep. I've done research and they say it sounds good for those styles of music like that. I also cant get the port area per foot down without making the port width smaller, which puts down the Hz. (which is already low). The design is the same as the picture.

Archived