This is my first actual build log. iv'e had the system for a while just been making some upgrades. hopefully here in a couple weeks ill have enough money for better subs. back in december i bought a 97 k1500 from my dad. about a month later i found out the valve guides where pretty much gone, and a few other things. it was smokin like a diesel. took the engine apart and the cylinder walls where shot.. chips and cracks. so i bought a used engine with 117k on it. truck has 137k. anyways... my headunit is a double din jvc exad. i picked up for pretty cheap. and with a little cutting and wire tucking i made it fit. Door speakers are alpine type s 6.5 coaxs. picked them up on sale for 30bucks not complaining. subs are 2 10" rockford p3s shallows. 600w max each. have them running on a ppi black ice 1200w amp wired down to 1 ohm. in some weird ass box i got for free. they honestly sound pretty good for what they are but don't play low enough.. or loud enough. they flex the truck a little but i want more. i haven't honestly decided weather to spend the money and do a blow through or just find a nice sub like 50cal and krakin. By the way thanks guys, after seeing your builds i got excited and figured i'd start working on mine. i have the big 3 done it audiopipe 1/0. 4ga stinger power and ground. ill get more pics tomorrow, cant find my camera battery. 302728_447583941953842_473275882_n_zps8chere's when i first got it.

525223_497134736998762_1256698635_n_zps0got bored with plasti dip. it's all off now besides taillights.. yes i plasti dipped my tail lights.

like i said i'll get more pictures tomorrow. if anyone has any ideas or anything let me know. i not sure which direction to head yet.

Current system:Front stage: Alpine type s 6.5No rear:Alpine type s 6.5headunit: alpineAmp: Jbl bp600.1

Sub: Alpine type x 12

dont know much about them. Found a "FLUX" Capacitor on ebay. If I add this to my system, can I really travel into the future? And how far into the future? That probably all depends on how I ground it though, right?

Dude dont even waste your money on capacitors get a second car battery preferably a kinetik or stinger or any other car audio battery use the battery that is correct for your systems true rms wattage do some research on the net for this. Go to kinetiks website they explain how to pick a battery from thier site that fits your system. :shrug:

Archived