Plasma TV PSU needing a re-cap.... Quick Question

i have 5 caps in the power supply section of my fairly new 55" Plasma that only has **MAYBE** 5hrs of use on it that need to be replaced. The caps are 2200mf 25vdc, looking to replace them with 2200mf 35+vdc... What website would you all recommend to buy caps from? Digikey???? Also, what solder would be best used for this case?

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Digikey is fine if they actually have what you need, luckily caps aren't an excruciatingly rare package-size preamp IC. As for solder I like Kester 44 in a fine gauge for electronics work. I also use and like Cardas quad eutectic but only for terminating cables and larger jobs.

I'm gonna hate

#ricktheelectronicsguy

Where is Ric006, he would be able to tell you.

ok, update. Called over one of those smart neighbors and he de-soldered 2 of the caps that I *thought* were bad, but with his tester i was proved wrong. He said they were just perfect, and no were near the "bulge" that a bad cap represents with.... So now im like WTF! Here is a video of my exact issue im having which ill post below. I found that vid searching youtube and 100% shows my exact issue. Dude in video says its a common PSU issue, but i took the PSU completely out of my tv just now (obviously) and since those caps checked out ok, everything else looks brand hammer new. Like i said there is only maybe 5hrs of use on this TV. Anyone SMART that knows there shit about Plasma/LCD tv's can you chime in and agreee with dude in vid that says its a PSU issue? If so, i can get a PSU for this TV for 50$ brand new :unknw: Let me know please

I

0519131124a_zps282f0fc1.jpg

0519131125_zpsa16cd8ea.jpg

I'm no pro but after some quick searching in that video, he mentioned interference. Maybe you could try moving the tv to an isolated area with the bare minimum plugged in and see if the problem is still there? Maybe there is something close or plugged in that is causing issues.

I'm no pro but after some quick searching in that video, he mentioned interference. Maybe you could try moving the tv to an isolated area with the bare minimum plugged in and see if the problem is still there? Maybe there is something close or plugged in that is causing issues.

He not talking about that type of interference..... thanks tho.

Archived