Second Skin Audio

suggestions on next system

hey jw guys i am a noob in the world of bass and i have 2 kicker comp 12's i want an upgrade but for spl and sq but i dont think i wank kickers and cant afford high end like fi and stuff my system will probably sell for 375 to some imbred idiot seeing that i live in alabama well so i have that and a summer job so a decent amount of money for a noob to spend on just subs and an amp say around $1000 give me any advice and ill look into it thanks :loser:

also consider that im not into competions so just looking for a louder and better non kicker upgrade without batteries or alts

How much space are you willing to give up? What amp do you currently have? $1000 will get you a decent set up if your only buying subs, amp. I would suggest looking into good wiring also. (knu koncepts, sky high wiring, or something similar.) What kind of vehicle do you drive? Do you want to run sealed or ported? I really hate to suggest any brand over another since at your price range there are so many to choose from. Just make sure you factor in the cost of a new box, rca's, and wiring. Way to many variables to choose from. Maybe you can help narrow it down a bit.

BMW 325i Kenwood KVT-647DVD

re xxx components

re 6.5 FR's

2 RE XXX 12's

2 US amps MD3D's

2 batcap 4k's

you need 20 21in IA subs and 10 DC 10ks lol. but no. 1000 is a good budget, but don't cheap out on anything, running more power.. over 1200 watts will stress the electrical system so add another battery or a HO alt or a simple big 3 if your alt puts out decent amperage. don't buy cheap, look at sundown audio SA series... good subs for the price. and buy a quality amp... no boss or pyle, pyramid, lanzar BS

If you don't want to upgrade your electrical you might as well stick below 500w
Have somebody make you a T-Line enclosure

in a million, trillion, kabillion years,i would never play that song in my ride. I don't care if its clipped or not LOL. I feel like my nads got clipped after playing this for 15 seconds just to see what it was LOL.

No thanks bro. Not into it.

" just looking for a louder and better non kicker upgrade without batteries or alts "

Lifted is right about the sundown sa series. For the money they are very good (and very forgiving) sub woofers. I run pair of sa-12's on a m1c and only have around $550 in the box, amp, subs, and knu wire. Im in the mid 140's out of a trunk. I just didnt want to suggest any one brand and turn this into a vs thread.

re xxx components

re 6.5 FR's

2 RE XXX 12's

2 US amps MD3D's

2 batcap 4k's

If you don't want to upgrade your electrical you might as well stick below 500w

Have somebody make you a T-Line enclosure

Why stay below 500 watts?

T line enclosures are usually huge and are probably not a good idea for somebody that openly admits to being a car audio noob. Not all subs work well with t line so it limits his choices. And its usually a long drawn out process of trial and error to get the right set up with the right sub and it varies greatly from vehicle to vehicle.

re xxx components

re 6.5 FR's

2 RE XXX 12's

2 US amps MD3D's

2 batcap 4k's

ok thanks for the input so far here is some answers first i already ran a 1000 watt system before second i drive a 2001 yukon soon to be a 2013 camaro ss with 800 horses for my bday but umm yeah i have heard good things about sa and also i just got a new alt like brand new like a month old so does that help at all

will be keeping the yukon so dont factor in the camaro

If I were you I would invest some money in dynamat or something equivillent so you don't rattle the poor camaro apart.

and is that $1000 for subs and amp only? or cd player, wire, n everything

18" Sundown Zv4 D2
JL 1000/1 V1
XS Power D3200

Archived