Sundown Audio

conbon

Hey guys,

Im not sure if this is possible but ive been wandering if i would be able to do this for awhile.

if i have one amp installed in my car already, and i want to put another amp in but not wire the remote start from the new amp to the head unit, but instead, just wire the remote start from the new amp to the amp thats already installed and just wire the two wires together or would this cause an interruption or something?

2013 Ford Focus Hatchback SE

Kicker CS61234

Kicker 40CS674

Kicker KST25

Sundown Audio SA-12 D2

Rockford Fosgate t1000-1bdcp

Rockford Fosgate t400-4

Audio Control LC7i

Kinetik HC2000

0/1 Gauge

Big 3 Upgrade

Beer, babes, and bass.

Nope, a remote wire is nothing more than a switch. Once power is applied it tells the amp to turn on.

so this would work?

Kicker CS61234

Kicker 40CS674

Kicker KST25

Sundown Audio SA-12 D2

Rockford Fosgate t400-4

Audio Control LC7i

Kinetik HC2000

0/1 Gauge

Big 3 Upgrade

Beer, babes, and bass.

yes, it will work. but there is a limit to how many items you can add to the remote wire before you need to do a relay. so dont wire more than 3 amps to the HU remote.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

One way to do it is to just cut the remote wire in a spot and twist another remote wire to one of the ends then use a butt connector and connect it all together.

03 Ford f150

2 Sa8 v2s

Ap 1800d...

Stinger 0 Guage

CA Auto/ Electric Big 3

Xs power d680 in parallel with new group 65 stocker

Soon to come another d680

Rockford Punch 6x8 3 ways in the front, Rockford Punch Pro 6.5s in the back

Soon to come Pioneers all around

Focal Solid 4 Speaker Amp

Kenwood KDC-X896

Memphis Line Driver

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/160368-03-f150-king-ranch/

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/LabAudio502?feature=mhee

One way to do it is to just cut the remote wire in a spot and twist another remote wire to one of the ends then use a butt connector and connect it all together.

okay ill try that

Kicker CS61234

Kicker 40CS674

Kicker KST25

Sundown Audio SA-12 D2

Rockford Fosgate t400-4

Audio Control LC7i

Kinetik HC2000

0/1 Gauge

Big 3 Upgrade

Beer, babes, and bass.

• 2 weeks later...

okay ill try that

it works, personally i try to reduce cut and splice jobs, i would personally leave the remote in your first amp and get a piece and twist it with that first line but placed in the amp and then run it to the second amp. That way there is no butt connectors/tape and cleaner install, with one less possible failure.

Archived