Homemade Super-Neo Woofer: THE CHEVELLE RESTORATION IS DONE, dampener recommendations??

Also, got back from the hollywood bowl about 15 minutes ago and I literally just finished laying down the very last 2 lines of glue for the last 2 flaps of the cone surround. So this time tomorrow, the woofer is officially glued together and cured, ready to be played. (The dustcap will wait a little bit in case the leads need any work and so I can get alignment and clearance. But I'm still going to consider it done lol.

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

EnltKAb.jpg

sneak peak at it's current state :)

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

Looks really good man. Did you scuff the spiders with sand paper before applying adhesive? Just a curiousity really. I can't believe more people aren't commenting note that they see an assembled subwoofer. I love it dude.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Looks really good man. Did you scuff the spiders with sand paper before applying adhesive? Just a curiousity really. I can't believe more people aren't commenting note that they see an assembled subwoofer. I love it dude.

Not the spiders, just the landing ring. I figured they're already that really grippy mesh material so the glue would soak in and hold pretty well.

I bet people think I'm just lying in the title about it being FINISHED so they don't bother looking, but if they checked they would know I really did do the impossible and got off my lazy ass to finish it lol.

I missed Alan.

Not the spiders, just the landing ring. I figured they're already that really grippy mesh material so the glue would soak in and hold pretty well.

I bet people think I'm just lying in the title about it being FINISHED so they don't bother looking, but if they checked they would know I really did do the impossible and got off my lazy ass to finish it lol.

Those new Sundown spiders and some others that are saturated with some sort of resin often don't wick up the glue like if you were stacking loose spiders yourself.

That being said, I've never had to rough up a spider itself, though roughing up the landing helps a bit..... or rather if you clean a basket just don't make it too smooth when you grind/sand off the olld spider and you'll have a better time recycling it. I've never had an issue with not roughing up a brand new basket before applying glue.

Also, I know I'm late to the party, but I KNOW this isn't your last sub build so I'll throw a few things out there.

First, I only use CA glue + activator spray, Adhesive Systems rp4000 to be specific (I buy it by the gallon), except for dustcaps for which I use Goop since I have terrible luck getting CA glue to hold a dustcap on. The CA glue + activator cures in seconds. Clamping and waiting is unnecessary, you simply hold with your fingers until it's set.

The other nice thing about CA glue is that with an acetone bath you can often recycle a coil assuming you break a cone or surround.

Next, I always glue the cone to the frame first, then use just a few drops of glue to connect the neck to the former (assuming former and coil are glued in place and shimmed). Once it's tacked into place, pull the shims and confirm it's aligned true before you lay in the glue thick to complete the joint. It's very easy to pull the coil off-center by slightly misaligning the surround and surround to frame is NOT coming off. From here, if your coil is slightly misaligned you can make minor adjustments to correct and then glue it up tight.

Of course, the tighter your coil is in the gap the more you really need to be careful about this.

Anyway, really great projects. You have a lot of balls to try to assemble something with that much neo in it. That could get very dangerous.

Whenever I see a red spider, I naturally assume bad ass woofer.

Interested to see the t/s parameters of this driver.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

Archived