Homemade Super-Neo Woofer: THE CHEVELLE RESTORATION IS DONE, dampener recommendations??

looks crazy!!! tuned it

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

dopppe, i wanna see this thing playing!

last build was my malibu walled on a single skar 4500 @.33 daily

6 deka g31 batts Singer 330a alt 4 runs of 3/0 front-back

Three hdc3 15

Did a 154.6 this summer at Grassroots

Building a 99 yukon denali atm

?

18 from canada ontario

He said before that he was planning on using a bike innertube for the surround.

I must have missed that im sorry! Looks oretty friken cool though :)

2007 Volvo S40 2.4i (no turbo :( )(Soon XS Power D2400) Stock battery for nowRockford Fosgate 4 gaugeAudioque 6.5" Mid Bass (front)Rockford Fosgate T1 Tweets (front)Rockford Fosgate T2 6.5" Mids (rear)Rockford Fosgats T600-4 (Mids and highs)Rockford Fosgate P3001Fi SSD 12" with PSI recone, building box<p>400 watts, 139.3 @ 42 hz , in the kick window open. Build log!!http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/159148-2007-volvo-s40-audio-build-start-to-current-comment/

You have no idea the smile I have had on my face reading this thread

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

if anyone reading this knows their magnetics properties.....do you think with a strong enough current to the coil, that the neodymium could attract it so much it bends the coil and the copper bends the whole voicecoil and touches the magnets? Or would the amount of time that the coil spends going in either direction be too little to affect it?? It sounds kinda weird the way i asked it, but I think it makes sense.

What is the neo composition or did they give you any force factors on it? What is the coil gap?

These are what I bought: http://www.magnet4less.com/product_info.php?cPath=1_11&products_id=1172

BrMax: 14200 gauss

N48 Strong Neodymium Magnets 2 inch Diameter x 1 inch Thick Disc Magnet

Nickel-Copper-Nickel triple layer coated for maximum neodymium magnets durability and protection again corrosion

Magnetized through the Thickness 1", poles on the flat surfaces

Approximate pull force: more than 250 lbs

The coil gap is approximately .041" inches lol, once the epoxy dried around the aluminum, it shrunk the whole thing a little bit, but it still fit.

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

the coil will not implode on itself

the magnetic flux is not "pointing" in that direction

you will be fine

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

the coil will not implode on itself

the magnetic flux is not "pointing" in that direction

you will be fine

literally my comprehension of magnetics even at this point scares me compared to what I know now.

Again, nothing to see, moving along lol :)

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

Alright guys, so it's 4:45 where I am as I write this, and good news is it's done, bad news I can't make a video of it bumping at near 5 am lol, I'm sure my neighbors were happy enough with the jigsaw and drill going at 1 am.............anyway I'll have a video tomorrow evening, probably around 1pm. Like I said this is a physics project and it's due tomorrow so I'm gonna take it to school then bring it back and make the video.

But here are some teasers while you wait...............

001-9_zpse4d04764.jpg

002-10_zps6d5b2533.jpg

003-8_zpsd3ba6b86.jpg

004-6_zps3adf7201.jpg

005-6_zpsf9586a2f.jpg

LOL engineering at it's finest.

006-9_zps2dbd0323.jpg

007-7_zps8f47fb21.jpg

009-5_zpsa2766bc0.jpg

checking the polarity and ohm load.

011-3_zps94cf046b.jpg

012-4_zpsef3967bd.jpg

013-5_zpsfc7c3023.jpg

014-7_zpsb9510966.jpg

015-4_zps057a64c3.jpg

017-4_zps8f11ebbd.jpg

018-3_zpse9c13229.jpg

019-3_zps4bb25f33.jpg

020-4_zpsc4def11b.jpg

021-3_zps47afc7fa.jpg

I missed Alan.

022-4_zps2b71793a.jpg

023-5_zpsb0d4d570.jpg

024-5_zpsdd33b601.jpg

At 5 in the morning, even cardboard looks like a life saver for the dustcap..........

025-6_zps810dc82e.jpg

AND VOILA! THE ULTIMATE HOMEMADE SUBWOOFER V.1

026-6_zps10efc211.jpg

I UNDERSTAND IT LOOKS CRAPPY, BUT DON'T HATE ON IT, IT BUMPS FOR WHAT IT IS OK?

THAT AND I MADE THE SURROUND IN LIKE 10 MINUTES BECAUSE I WANTED TO GO TO SLEEP.....

I missed Alan.

Archived