I don;t know WTF is going on but I can't post shit right now! I tried like 3 times and wasted alot of time explaining evrything but WTF I'll try it again!

I'm not going to write much for now I'll post some pics if I can and then edit the post later to explain. Here's is tonight's progress.

2013-07-01_17-50-06_421_zpsf13d1f59.jpg

2013-07-01_18-43-35_498_zps60532abc.jpg

Nice work with the grinder! Well done. Smart!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice work with the grinder! Well done. Smart!

Thanks man! Someone broke my nice cordless milwaukee dremel and then put it back in my tool boxand didnt bother telling me...futher muckers borrowin my tools! So I just took the pieces back to work and the grinder worked perfect! Probably alot faster then using my dremel anyway. I found my dads old corded one so I used that today.

Great job mayne!! Amp rack is of the chain.

Thanks bro, I had some help on it so I can't take all the credit, but I'm happy with it :)

Funny how the people who have a louder system than you will usually give you a compliment about your setup because they know how much blood, sweat, time, and money you put into it. The people who criticize or try and one up you....have a p.o.s to no system at all and will tell you all about this "other" guys system! Saddley I'm sure if I meet this "other" guy...he will probably tell me he thinks your just as annoying as I think you are!

I'm not compensating, just proud of fabricating!

My build log: 10k center console with 4 DC Audio XL 10's powered by 2 DC Audio 5.0k amps 5 xs batteries and dual DC Power 300xps alts

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169404-goodvibez-04-dmax-10k-center-console-w4-xl-10s-custom-5ksit-plays/page-19

Used my new SMD sunflash today, works great!! :) during lunch(1hour) I was able to do 4 coats of resin and 2 layers of thick chop mat, using one brush and with no waste! :) Only took maybe a minute per coat to dry like steve claims. I'm sold for sure! Here's what i got done.

Put 1 coat of plain resin then set it out in the sun, then another plain resin and let it cure

2013-07-02_12-39-20_783_zps36537611.jpg

2013-07-02_12-40-28_671_zps73efee90.jpg

2013-07-02_13-22-54_704_zps5af401cc.jpg

Didn't get of work till 6 tonight, got the panel trimed.

2013-07-02_18-28-10_198_zps84200b8d.jpg

Then soon as I was ready to do some more resin this happened

2013-07-02_18-09-25_886_zps5d9af483.jpg

Then this!

2013-07-02_18-26-22_998_zpsccbbfd88.jpg

sigh...we really need the rain so I shouldn't complain but kinda sucks since I need the sun,,,,,,tomorrow I'll do it before work, I just threw a layer of fleece to give it a really solid layer. I went ahead and soaked in resin tonight so I can just bring it out first thing in the a.m.

2013-07-02_19-53-32_589_zps49172698.jpg

Funny how the people who have a louder system than you will usually give you a compliment about your setup because they know how much blood, sweat, time, and money you put into it. The people who criticize or try and one up you....have a p.o.s to no system at all and will tell you all about this "other" guys system! Saddley I'm sure if I meet this "other" guy...he will probably tell me he thinks your just as annoying as I think you are!

My build log: 10k center console with 4 DC Audio XL 10's powered by 2 DC Audio 5.0k amps 5 xs batteries and dual DC Power 300xps alts

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169404-goodvibez-04-dmax-10k-center-console-w4-xl-10s-custom-5ksit-plays/page-19

Sweet! I've been thinking of getting some of that sunflash, but not sure I want to pay the price. Seems to be working out for everyone though so maybe I'll pull the trigger.

I have found the dremel sucks for cutting fiberglass. It works, just sucks. Grinder, air saw, jig saw, etc seem to get better results, in my experience.

I like where this is headed, keep it up!

Thanks! Yeah i live in a sunny state so i'm lovin the sunflash! Its a little pricy, but you have to know it must have cost apretty penny to develop and paten and produce. But you do save some cash in the supplies. I always end up buying an extra 4 tubes or more of hardener because i usually mix it hot! Those average 5 bucks each and brushes about a buck each. That's another 10 usually per project so ifeel i get my money back with those savings alone! Not including the time I save. I just need to invest in a light for when i work at night.

I think your right about the dremel not being the best, but I'm very comfortable with it. I feel in control with it, especially on small pieces. All though these little cut off wheels aren't cheap, sometimes i use my grinder with a80 grit sanding wheel. Jigsaw for me is risky because there's few times when you let off and a tooth catches and grabbed the whole piece...its just a little tricky but it does work good in the hands of a better craftsmen.

Got the panel resined today at lunch so more updates tonight! I know it seems like i post allot and most of it isn't that awesome but it motivates me to get something done everyday, or at least try to. :)

Nice we used to have a 2004 silverado 3500 4 door with the 8.1 and Allison tranny. Badass truck but shitty mpg. My dad wanted me to take the truck but I was like I can't afford the gas lol

Agreed, these are hogs lol! But I love it, dont get me wrong I'd love to have a dirtymax over this but for what I pull around this gets me by just fine. Honestly it's this allison tranny that makes these motors. Luckly the company I work for pays for my gas so I can demo this thing all I want lol!

Yeah I wish it was a duramax then I woulda kept it. Ended up selling it for what was owed. He only bought. It cause he was having issues with the powerstroke at that time but got that all fixed now

C-Fizzy, on 01 April 2012 - 01:06 PM, said:

Clip city bitch, clip clip city bitch. 10's, 12's, 15's, goin up in flames bitch.

Check out my build thread http://www.stevemead...product-page-2/

New build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172646-punkrocks-97-civic-build/

maybe this will deture people from "borrowing my tools!" ;)

2013-07-03_15-19-11_795_zpsd63099eb.jpg

So I got the piece trimed and sanded then cut some holes...or ten.

2013-07-03_18-45-22_664_zps80529993.jpg

Then took the body saw and a sanding drum and cleaned it up!

2013-07-03_18-59-34_972_zpsc9d3c8de.jpg

Sooo this should help you understand what I'm going for.

2013-07-03_19-12-36_508_zps8eb8033a.jpg

Back view of the panel I made

2013-07-03_19-12-48_236_zps4bf5f9af.jpg

Cut some slots for the grill tabs

2013-07-03_19-45-18_856_zps1ad576b5.jpg

put all together and looks like it's going to work. So now I get to cut up the real panel and attach it to that. still kind of nervouse but I'm going ahead with it. I'm ready for this monster to be done!! I still have to do the other door, but second time around should be easier.

2013-07-03_19-52-36_820_zps550d1e40.jpg

Nice man. Clean work. Come do my caddy next haha

C-Fizzy, on 01 April 2012 - 01:06 PM, said:

Clip city bitch, clip clip city bitch. 10's, 12's, 15's, goin up in flames bitch.

Check out my build thread http://www.stevemead...product-page-2/

New build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172646-punkrocks-97-civic-build/

Nice man. Clean work. Come do my caddy next haha

Thanks mayn! I think I'm going to take a nice break from fabrication when this trucks done and enjoy the fruits of my labor :) I would love to get my hands on a caddy though, too bad your so far away or I'd be happy to lend a hand :)

p.s liking your sig, my buddie used to jam that song way too much! Pretty much sums up that song lol!

Archived