So I did some work today, mostly just cleaning up the wiring in the dash, alot of redoing some temporary crimps to soldering. Stuff I did in a hurry and knew I would do it right when I had the time...shiz was so boring and time consuming wich made it hard to stay focused but non the less here's some updates.

I cleaned up the harness for the alpine now it's all soldered and heatshrunk. all that extra wire is what was trimmed. Leaves alot more room for the HU to fit back there comfortably

2013-07-04_16-00-43_386_zps263101fa.jpg

Soldered and covered the wires for the gauge to my airbags

[/url]

2013-07-04_17-58-50_649_zpscc94a1ce.jpg

2013-07-04_19-26-54_682_zpsaa40947b.jpg

2013-07-04_19-27-41_448_zps284ce0a0.jpg

I know it doesnt look very good but theres alot of behind the scenes, lots of other boring shiz

Funny how the people who have a louder system than you will usually give you a compliment about your setup because they know how much blood, sweat, time, and money you put into it. The people who criticize or try and one up you....have a p.o.s to no system at all and will tell you all about this "other" guys system! Saddley I'm sure if I meet this "other" guy...he will probably tell me he thinks your just as annoying as I think you are!

I'm not compensating, just proud of fabricating!

My build log: 10k center console with 4 DC Audio XL 10's powered by 2 DC Audio 5.0k amps 5 xs batteries and dual DC Power 300xps alts

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169404-goodvibez-04-dmax-10k-center-console-w4-xl-10s-custom-5ksit-plays/page-19

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It'll be worth it in the end though!

Thats an understatement! But yes it will be :) as are most if not all audio builds!

Kinda made it worse on my self today by starting my truck and hearing my exhaust.... I had a permagrim for about an hour. First time I fired this truck up this year, fired up on the first try :)

Nice dash bro! Looks like factory

Thanks bro! Its not 100% perfect but I'm proud of it enough that I don't mind looking at it everyday! I am actually impressed how good it turned out...for a while there it looked pretty ugly:)

Funny how the people who have a louder system than you will usually give you a compliment about your setup because they know how much blood, sweat, time, and money you put into it. The people who criticize or try and one up you....have a p.o.s to no system at all and will tell you all about this "other" guys system! Saddley I'm sure if I meet this "other" guy...he will probably tell me he thinks your just as annoying as I think you are!

My build log: 10k center console with 4 DC Audio XL 10's powered by 2 DC Audio 5.0k amps 5 xs batteries and dual DC Power 300xps alts

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169404-goodvibez-04-dmax-10k-center-console-w4-xl-10s-custom-5ksit-plays/page-19

So I'm at the point where I'm starting to put things back together :) !! As for adding more 6.5's in the door, I'm going to hold off on that till the next project wich will include bigger subs :) I'll judge if I need additional speakers(more than the 8 already installed) by this set up. I really want to, but I think I would rather get this truck rolling. I realized today I'm out of 4awg power wire so my Mids and highs amps aren't wired in yet. Got the center console wired in this past weekend wich was something I was dreading so that's a big part that is done...bla bla bla here's some pictures, nothing very interesting.

2013-07-07_14-43-24_596_zpse7871e12.jpg

2013-07-08_18-18-34_7_zps1024007e.jpg

2013-07-08_20-19-27_862_zpsddb2fe34.jpg

2013-07-08_20-17-57_214_zps7b90ebd1.jpg

Don't worrie you can't see the rca's....see

2013-07-08_20-17-08_453_zps6579cdf9.jpg

2013-07-08_20-22-45_883_zpsc81346a1.jpg

Just put in an order for 50' of 4awg so we will be getting this thing wired up soooon! should get this by thursday or friday if they ship tomorrow! :)

put all together and looks like it's going to work. So now I get to cut up the real panel and attach it to that. still kind of nervouse but I'm going ahead with it. I'm ready for this monster to be done!! I still have to do the other door, but second time around should be easier.

2013-07-03_19-52-36_820_zps550d1e40.jpg

Everything looks nice man! Are you concerned about enough room between the grill and the actual mid? Seems close to me but it could just be the picture. Just making sure before you go too much further.

As to soldering, I know when I did what you just did. Changed all my crimps to solder connections and cleaned it all up, I felt sooooooo much better about it. Even though no one could see it, I knew it was there and done right which made me feel good. So I know what you mean.

Just set the rings in there before i put the grill on, then they popped out and layed on the grill when i took the picture. So yes they look like they are too close but its just the picture, those mdf rings sit like another half inch or more further back they aren't glued to the fiberglass piece yet.

Yeah i feel MUCH better about the wiring :) if i open it up i know exactly what wire goes where now and i have confidence it is secure and i'm not going to have to redo it later.

Update: had a dr. App in tucson yesterday do didn't have time to work on the truck last night. Tonight i have to help my Buddie with a car so maybe not any progress tonight. My cable just got sent today, but no word on if it will be here by the weekend :(

Dope dope dope.

I am done.

Well said

I am also done....jk I wish this was done :)

Archived