Well guys I have to get this truck on the fast track because last night my sonoma took a dump on me, it;s possibly just a blown gasket but either way I have no ride so I figured I'll get the sierra in running condition this weekend. So I can go to work monday.

Luckily the 4awg I ordered is here so I can probably get some tunes in here as well :)

2013-07-12_14-57-57_763_zpsac003217.jpg

Cut and painted a piece of metal to cover back up the hole under the windshield. I knocked out the factory one so I could runn all that wire

2013-07-12_15-56-15_262_zps14dc2a8d.jpg

Here is what I mean

2013-07-12_17-25-56_972_zpse19d796b.jpg

Then I started wiring up the amps and all my speaker wires.

2013-07-12_19-53-59_996_zps17c27ea5.jpg

2013-07-12_19-54-37_28_zps5100474d.jpg

I use a terminal block here because it makes it nice if I decide to change speaker/amp set ups.locations, if I want to change ohm loads and all that...works for me. Downside is it is another place you have to make sure you have all good connections and make sure you dont crisscross speakers the wrong way but I was smart and labled my wires and crossovers so I should be good if I have to comeback and tear into this again. Wich will most likely happen. :)

2013-07-12_19-54-13_730_zps24ed2119.jpg

Funny how the people who have a louder system than you will usually give you a compliment about your setup because they know how much blood, sweat, time, and money you put into it. The people who criticize or try and one up you....have a p.o.s to no system at all and will tell you all about this "other" guys system! Saddley I'm sure if I meet this "other" guy...he will probably tell me he thinks your just as annoying as I think you are!

I'm not compensating, just proud of fabricating!

My build log: 10k center console with 4 DC Audio XL 10's powered by 2 DC Audio 5.0k amps 5 xs batteries and dual DC Power 300xps alts

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169404-goodvibez-04-dmax-10k-center-console-w4-xl-10s-custom-5ksit-plays/page-19

Thanks man! I should have this thing playing either today or tomorrow. At least it will be rolling, I kinda need it since my other truck blew up on me :(

Funny how the people who have a louder system than you will usually give you a compliment about your setup because they know how much blood, sweat, time, and money you put into it. The people who criticize or try and one up you....have a p.o.s to no system at all and will tell you all about this "other" guys system! Saddley I'm sure if I meet this "other" guy...he will probably tell me he thinks your just as annoying as I think you are!

My build log: 10k center console with 4 DC Audio XL 10's powered by 2 DC Audio 5.0k amps 5 xs batteries and dual DC Power 300xps alts

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169404-goodvibez-04-dmax-10k-center-console-w4-xl-10s-custom-5ksit-plays/page-19

So no go on getting the truck fired up today, but I busted my ass trying to get it there :) Basically I ran out of ring terminals :( Got it really close but no cigar. Tomorrow I may finish up the small things I need to get it drivable. It wont have tunes but I will be able to drive. Here is what I got done today.

Got the box in and subs in and wired up. The box butts right up to the center console and litterally there is not an 1/8th of an inch of give between them so it took a good half hour to get them to squish together right :) but its in none the less. I ended up having to demount my amp rack to get the box to fit....done with that shizz!

2013-07-13_14-00-15_850_zps1ceabe6b.jpg

2013-07-13_16-34-22_6_zpsf7c555f5.jpg

Made my battery hold downs today and put some weather stripping foam tape on them so they wouldn't rub on the batts.

2013-07-13_19-58-46_602_zps003b2078.jpg

Then plati-dipped them to make them look better...imo they look great :)

2013-07-13_19-59-18_239_zpsbe2859f7.jpg

Here is an idea how they will look....still need to bolt them in though.

2013-07-13_20-03-01_810_zps80ba8d49.jpg

Also finally wired up and installed the q-logic kick pannels....PITA they did not go in smooth and I had to add some screws so they would fit. What evs they will work and they look good...I just dont want to rip them out again although I'm sure I will sometime for one reason or another ;)

2013-07-13_20-03-22_461_zpsf9474b38.jpg

Got alot done today but not very many pictures because I was busy workin I'll try to tomorrow

Looking good. .im liking the way this is comming out ;) ;)

Thanks for the support bro I am too!

damn nice build man. Its gonna be sweet. and the cover on the RF is cool too

Thanks man I made it about halfway through your build it looked very nice as well. I'll have to finish it sometime :)

Well this truck is drivable again :) Spent the day getting the new door panels mounted. Had to modify them a little to use my old window switched because the denali panels and sierra pannels differ just enough that they are not a direct swap, for the most part they are. I got the tweets mounted and wired up in all the doors, I used a few little trim pieces from the old panels just to see what mixing up the colors would look like. I think I like this the best.

2013-07-14_17-27-10_595_zps2d6c0f2c.jpg

2013-07-14_17-43-40_953_zps6388f207.jpg

Haha thanks bro! Been workin my butt off trying to get this thing playing some tunes, but maybe tomorrow. :(

Archived