/\ /\ /\ /\ Yeah I agree :) Sorry theres not much of an update guys but I do still work on this almost everyday. I've ran into some issues with this truck, one is I've got some nasty electrical noise coming through the speakers and I don't know where from because I stripped out the rca's and coated them with some foil tape and techflex and it went away for a while but then it came back? So I went to work on it today and it's bearly noticable??? My subs got it the worst...they will just make nasty noise and move up and down with nothing playing. Dunno what's going on but my laptop is having issues with the 3sixty program and it keeps glitching and giving me errors.

I have set the gains on the mids and high's amps and besides the electrical noise they sound really nice! I haven't tuned them yet with the 3sixty.3 only because it's glitching on me but I'm going to work on that today. Here is a little somthing that cam in the mail today :)

2013-07-24_15-09-02_546_zpsa908c3db.jpg

I'm going to use these to connect the two rear batts together, I just wantted to check out what the shca 2/0 looked like...IT'S HUGE! Also I'll upgrade my alt wire going to the dist. block.

Here's a few pics of when I took the rca's and re routed them away from some electrical and then wrapped them in foil tape and techflex

2013-07-22_18-24-16_88_zps3c09a13d.jpg

2013-07-22_19-43-27_682_zpsd5b48266.jpg

Hopfully I can get the 3sixty working tonight

Funny how the people who have a louder system than you will usually give you a compliment about your setup because they know how much blood, sweat, time, and money you put into it. The people who criticize or try and one up you....have a p.o.s to no system at all and will tell you all about this "other" guys system! Saddley I'm sure if I meet this "other" guy...he will probably tell me he thinks your just as annoying as I think you are!

I'm not compensating, just proud of fabricating!

My build log: 10k center console with 4 DC Audio XL 10's powered by 2 DC Audio 5.0k amps 5 xs batteries and dual DC Power 300xps alts

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169404-goodvibez-04-dmax-10k-center-console-w4-xl-10s-custom-5ksit-plays/page-19

Have you check your grounds yet?

Also are those RCA's directional? Maybe try grounding them at the head unit.

I don't know, just thoughts.

Also, maybe uninstall the program and reinstall it. If you haven't tried that.

Sorry, if you've done all that, I was just thinking of the little things.

Well all the amps are grounded directly to the batteries, and all the batteries are gounded to eachother(not through the truck it's self). If you mean grounding the rca's then no I have not done that. I'm not sure what you mean by the rca's bieng directional...I do know that they are a twisted pair, I am not sure what these amps are supposed to use(twisted, or coax) but I would think being fosgate rca's they would be the right ones. I did get the program to run better once I downloaded the 1.3.3 version. I originally just burned it off the disk it came with. Lame part is my laptop has no battery so I have to use an extension cord :( I'm all for the simple sujestions, sometimes they may take forever to figure out, but they are usually the easiest to fix.

If anyone knows for sure wich kind of rca's the rf power sieres amps take feel free to chime in. I noticed steve uses his smd se rca's on his rf amps. SE I think are the single ended rca's, which are coax....I dunno. I got to thinking about this after watching that video on rca's from tony d'amore.

Funny how the people who have a louder system than you will usually give you a compliment about your setup because they know how much blood, sweat, time, and money you put into it. The people who criticize or try and one up you....have a p.o.s to no system at all and will tell you all about this "other" guys system! Saddley I'm sure if I meet this "other" guy...he will probably tell me he thinks your just as annoying as I think you are!

My build log: 10k center console with 4 DC Audio XL 10's powered by 2 DC Audio 5.0k amps 5 xs batteries and dual DC Power 300xps alts

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169404-goodvibez-04-dmax-10k-center-console-w4-xl-10s-custom-5ksit-plays/page-19

Ha I totally forgot about that, I played around with that and I think it helped. Thanks :)

One thing I did do on the 3sixty.3 is set the turn on delay for it and my amps, It was making that really loud pop when it turned off and on sometimes. But the wierd thing is that it wasn't so much a "pop" as it was a loud buzzing through the speakers and the subs would sit there and rumble. It wouldn't go away when the music started, but I put the amp turn on delay to 8sec, I know it's a long time but my Alpine takes on average about 5 seconds to start playing. So now there is no buzzing when it starts and it hasn't done it since fingers crossed.

Next problem: So Iset the gains on my RF t2500.1bdcp the other day and I donlt think it's getting good signal. I have an SMD dd-1 and I've set all of my other rf power amps worked no problem! When I set the gain on my sub amp I've been getting some issues. I have the punch eq and the gain all the way up and I'm not getting any distortion. Even with those all the way up I have to turn the bass knob up all the way untill it moves the subs decently. I'm just not that confident it's getting a good strong signal. I think I'm going to run a direct set of rca's to it and try and see if that makes a difference.

I don't know what to do if it works bypassing the 3sixty but we will see.

I had similar issues with noise with my .3 and the program freezing.. Not sure exactly what I did to stop the noise but I tore my amp rack apart thinking rca's were to close to power/ground wires on the back of the rack but that wasn't it either. I took all my amp grounds and .3 ground off rear battery and went straight to old jump seat bolt with it which I had swapped to a longer bolt to go through the body then ran 1/0 from that bolt to frame under cab. It did help with the noise a little but it didn't go away,I still don't know what I did but I just went ahead and started setting gains with DD-1 then hooked the amps back up through the 360.3(I know that's not the right way to set them,supposed to set them from the .3 out,I am going to redo all of them though) and the noise went away somehow. I noticed in Steve's video on the chavelle that he had the volume levels all the way up for the channels,mine are around halfway so I'm going to turn all the .3 levels up and redo all gains with DD-1. I still occasionally have small issues with the.3 freezing up but RF is always updating the software so just keep checking for updates. Build is looking good keep up the work.. BTW I'm using the same RF rca's with all 4 of my RF amps and don't have any problems with them so you should be fine. I'd like to get some of those SMD rca's but I'll be damned if I'm paying that much for them,hell I thought the twisted RF's were expensive but those SMD's are just rediculous.. I'm not hating on them at all but damn it's like $60 for 3' rca's.. No thanks.

Hmm, I'm not sure on that one. Did you set it on the right track?

Ahhhh troubleshooting. keep your head up, you'll get it.

Maybe someone else can chime in on the amp settings, or maybe if you haven't already, make a thread and ask there.

I did track three first wich is the best sq, but then went to trk5 wich is a midway between sq and spl.

Yeah just frustrating because I know this amp can put out more sound but it's definatly not getting enough signal. My HU has 4volt pre-outs so usually the gains are about halfway up or less. The fact that I have the punch eq, the gain, and the bass knob turned all the way up and the dd-1 isn't showing distortion is proof theres somthing going on with the signal inputs. Here is what the levels look like after I did the auto level on the 360

2013-07-29_18-27-25_697_zps31eaae16.jpg

It's wierd. I still need to just bypass the 360 and see how the dd-1 reads.

I had similar issues with noise with my .3 and the program freezing.. Not sure exactly what I did to stop the noise but I tore my amp rack apart thinking rca's were to close to power/ground wires on the back of the rack but that wasn't it either. I took all my amp grounds and .3 ground off rear battery and went straight to old jump seat bolt with it which I had swapped to a longer bolt to go through the body then ran 1/0 from that bolt to frame under cab. It did help with the noise a little but it didn't go away,I still don't know what I did but I just went ahead and started setting gains with DD-1 then hooked the amps back up through the 360.3(I know that's not the right way to set them,supposed to set them from the .3 out,I am going to redo all of them though) and the noise went away somehow. I noticed in Steve's video on the chavelle that he had the volume levels all the way up for the channels,mine are around halfway so I'm going to turn all the .3 levels up and redo all gains with DD-1. I still occasionally have small issues with the.3 freezing up but RF is always updating the software so just keep checking for updates. Build is looking good keep up the work.. BTW I'm using the same RF rca's with all 4 of my RF amps and don't have any problems with them so you should be fine. I'd like to get some of those SMD rca's but I'll be damned if I'm paying that much for them,hell I thought the twisted RF's were expensive but those SMD's are just rediculous.. I'm not hating on them at all but damn it's like $60 for 3' rca's.. No thanks.

Thanks for the info, yeah I'd say 1out of 10 times my 360.3 doesn't turn on so I have to just turn it off and on again. Also what is really annoying is the remote keeps reseting it's self. So I have to turn the bass and mastervolume up almost everytime or you cant hear anything. Yeah I agree smd rca's aren't the cheapest, I assume based on other smd products I own you get what you pay for. I've payed that much for a set of streetwires n7 sieries back when I used to run mtx stuff, so price wise there is others out there that are just as expensive.

Also kinda lame is I wasnt able to plug the rf rca's directly into my dd-1. I tried but it didn't quite go all the way in and wasn't getting a signal and if I pushed it any harder I felt I was going to break something. So to check the HU volume distortion I had to do it through the amp, and kinda unsure it read it right with all the issues I have.

Hmm, I'm not sure on that one. Did you set it on the right track?

Ahhhh troubleshooting. keep your head up, you'll get it.

Maybe someone else can chime in on the amp settings, or maybe if you haven't already, make a thread and ask there.

I did track three first wich is the best sq, but then went to trk5 wich is a midway between sq and spl.

Yeah just frustrating because I know this amp can put out more sound but it's definatly not getting enough signal. My HU has 4volt pre-outs so usually the gains are about halfway up or less. The fact that I have the punch eq, the gain, and the bass knob turned all the way up and the dd-1 isn't showing distortion is proof theres somthing going on with the signal inputs. Here is what the levels look like after I did the auto level on the 360

2013-07-29_18-27-25_697_zps31eaae16.jpg

It's wierd. I still need to just bypass the 360 and see how the dd-1 reads.

That's how I tested my amps just to see where they clip at but still need to redo them.. All mine were green too after adjusting them as much as possible,the level I'm referring to is the one in the background just to the left of the input screen you pictured,it goes from -20db to 0 db if I remember correctly.. That's the one I'm going to turn to max then DD-1 my amps..

Archived