When I dd-1 my T2500's I also had to turn gain and Punch EQ all the way up to see distortion, i was/am like WTF never really figured out why yet. Changing things up ATM

Also, when I dd-1 them the amps go to the red before the DD-1 shows distortion also, I chose to go by the DD-1 because it uses Analog signal and detects minute distortion etc. idk which is right or not.

I will be following this for sure as you are having same issues as me....

Going the dd-1 makes sense, just sucks because I don't like looking back and seeing those things hit red! This just makes me feel like I don't know wtf I'm doing, wich is partially true I guess lol, but I've set many amps before and this one is definatly different.

Funny how the people who have a louder system than you will usually give you a compliment about your setup because they know how much blood, sweat, time, and money you put into it. The people who criticize or try and one up you....have a p.o.s to no system at all and will tell you all about this "other" guys system! Saddley I'm sure if I meet this "other" guy...he will probably tell me he thinks your just as annoying as I think you are!

I'm not compensating, just proud of fabricating!

My build log: 10k center console with 4 DC Audio XL 10's powered by 2 DC Audio 5.0k amps 5 xs batteries and dual DC Power 300xps alts

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169404-goodvibez-04-dmax-10k-center-console-w4-xl-10s-custom-5ksit-plays/page-19

don't pay any attention to the output meter on the RF power amps,they don't show clipping,even Steve has said that. If the DD-1 shows it's not clipping then it's not so wang on them bitches..

haha, thanks. Kind of what i figured, I trust the DD-1 because figure that 99.9% of amps out there don't have that RF thing and you adjust per the DD-1 so why do it differently here?

I was worried when playing my shit that it went into the red on hard hits but it is what it is, lol

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

don't pay any attention to the output meter on the RF power amps,they don't show clipping,even Steve has said that. If the DD-1 shows it's not clipping then it's not so wang on them bitches..

That's good to know! Makes me feel a little better.

Funny how the people who have a louder system than you will usually give you a compliment about your setup because they know how much blood, sweat, time, and money you put into it. The people who criticize or try and one up you....have a p.o.s to no system at all and will tell you all about this "other" guys system! Saddley I'm sure if I meet this "other" guy...he will probably tell me he thinks your just as annoying as I think you are!

I'm not compensating, just proud of fabricating!

My build log: 10k center console with 4 DC Audio XL 10's powered by 2 DC Audio 5.0k amps 5 xs batteries and dual DC Power 300xps alts

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169404-goodvibez-04-dmax-10k-center-console-w4-xl-10s-custom-5ksit-plays/page-19

My 2500 bdcp hits red often and I don't give 2 shits about it after finding out about the output meter just means you're pushing out some power with it.. you'll know if it's clipping the subs or not. you'll notice the sound of the subs go downhill.. Also,goodvibez and Karkov,where are you guys grounding your 360.3 at? And your amps? When I was having the feedback noise issue I tried all kinds of things with the grounds. First had amps and .3 grounded to rear battery then I took the .3 ground and the ground distro blocks off the battery and grounded them to the truck body. Which I used a longer bolt than what was holding the rear seat mount in my S10 so I could run some 1/0 to the frame.. My noise problem was very minimal at that point and once I set the amp gains and adjusted the .3 gain levels the noise is gone..

no 3sixty.3 here but i ground all amps to rear batts. I have that dumb ground sensor under hood so i have to have all grounds from alt to batt to batt to batt with no frame or body grounds (I have 4 body grounds in back anyways) so if I ground the amps to a seat bolt, chassis, body etc. the sensor will not read the current and my voltage will fluctuate and turn to shit. (i think)

One of the things I am doing with taking everything out is eliminating the body grounds i have in back (Per Mechman)

Also, since I have multiple amps and you're supposed to match grounds I am gonna run 2/0 Gauge for grounds from front to back instead of 1/0 so that when all the amps and other things are grounded straight to battery than I don't feel so bad about having only one or two grounds from front on it because it will be 2/0 gauge instead.

You are saying that taking your grounds off the rear battery helped your issue? Sucks for me, lol

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

just a little bit of electrical tape er what holy shit lol but I would prob do the same haha

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

I RREEALLY ANGRY WIT U PHOTOBUCKET. HAD TO USE DROPBOX NOW HOLYYYYYY.

Wanna ride bikes?

On 9/16/2017 at 3:28 AM, Jake Pace said:

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

On 7/8/2013 at 4:01 AM, Banshee421 said:

Do horns get low

F**K dbl

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

I RREEALLY ANGRY WIT U PHOTOBUCKET. HAD TO USE DROPBOX NOW HOLYYYYYY.

Wanna ride bikes?

On 9/16/2017 at 3:28 AM, Jake Pace said:

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

On 7/8/2013 at 4:01 AM, Banshee421 said:

Do horns get low

SAM_0364_zpsbe6730e2.jpg

SAM_0282_zps41e30e0d.jpg

SAM_0357_zpsb03c47a5.jpg

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

sorry karkov,I forgot you're not running the.3...Yes when I grounded straight to the body/frame like that the issue was pretty much gone but I think it could have something to do with the ground from front batt to rear batt and it's creating the alt whine but I'm not sure if that was it or not.. I'm not familiar with the grounding sensor on the newer tahoes but doesn't make any sense to me that you couldn't run a ground straight to the frame in the back for the amps and batts..

Archived