Sundown Audio

No not 4 cubes for (2) 10's! Based off the Zv3 the recommended volume for (1) 10 is 1ft3 after driver and port displacement. (2) 10's would be 2ft3. Putting two of those woofers in a box double their suggested volume is a sure way to destroy them when being ran at RMS.

Remember only build a larger box if you are running on lower power. The higher the volume the less control you will have of the sub at higher power causing it to bottom out, and yes I know the Zv4 has an insane surround.

Higher Power = smaller volume

RMS Power = Suggested volume

Lower Power = Larger volume.

You will get more bottom-end and more benefit by using a box a little larger.

if you want to risk having to do a recone go ahead.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

How do I account for displacement? I'm gonna make a kerfed port and do 45s in all the corners, two front plates with an extra one to make em look sexier, and possibly some extra bracings. Once I get it designed I'll put it up with the specs I used and you guys can tell me if it's okay? I wont be back in town until Friday night. You guys have any advice or help with designing it further?

im not sure... but u could try using this..

http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/enclosure-volume-calculator/

Vehicle: 2005 Kia Sorrento Ex

Head Unit: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Mids & Highs: Motorola KSN-1005s & Alpine SPR-17C Type R 6.5s

Speaker Amp: Sony XM-ZR1252

Sub Amplifier: Pure Audio 3000.1

Subwoofer: Incriminator Audio Death Penalty 21"

No not 4 cubes for (2) 10's! Based off the Zv3 the recommended volume for (1) 10 is 1ft3 after driver and port displacement. (2) 10's would be 2ft3. Putting two of those woofers in a box double their suggested volume is a sure way to destroy them when being ran at RMS.

Remember only build a larger box if you are running on lower power. The higher the volume the less control you will have of the sub at higher power causing it to bottom out, and yes I know the Zv4 has an insane surround.

the subs are rated 1750 rms so 2 will be 3500rms and im sure they can take more rms.. So if he puts them on a saz3500 amp @1 ohms 3500rms he would be good..

How do I account for displacement? I'm gonna make a kerfed port and do 45s in all the corners, two front plates with an extra one to make em look sexier, and possibly some extra bracings. Once I get it designed I'll put it up with the specs I used and you guys can tell me if it's okay? I wont be back in town until Friday night. You guys have any advice or help with designing it further?

The displacement of the sub will be on the manufacture's website under the spec for your sub. The Zv4 isn't out yet so there is nothing for it, or it's just not on sundown's site.

I would recommend using Torres as a calculator for basic sealed/ported boxes.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

the subs are rated 1750 rms so 2 will be 3500rms and im sure they can take more rms.. So if he puts them on a saz3500 amp @1 ohms 3500rms he would be good..

I know that the amp fits the RMS but in a Box double the suggested volume that would be a disaster...

I know that the amp fits the RMS but in a Box double the suggested volume that would be a disaster...

Sundown already said they would need a slightly bigger box than the zv3...

Not double.. And they will need a bigger box just because of that unbelievable Xmax. When you account for the port area needed for them, the length of the port, stepping up the RMS by 250w, and other variables of that beast. Compare it to any other well designed box for another sub of the same diameter of course it will be bigger.

Well that's also just the Zv3, so im not sure that it'll be the same, besides that seems pretty small for them...Seems like if it was 1cube the magnet wouldn't even fit lol that motor is massive. I will be feeding them with a SAZ3500v2 @ 1 ohm so they will be matched for RMS. if not with a few extra watts, as you guys know sundown amps are champs.

02 Lexus IS300 (2JZ FTW)

Mids/Highs: JL Audio C5 6.5s all around

Mids/Highs Amp: JL Audio HD 600/4

Subs: four SA-8v2s in 3.8cubes @ 32hz

Sub Amps: SAZ3k

Battery: Huge Interstate Batteries relocated to trunk

About 80ft. of 1/0 OFC....

Head Unit: Pioneer 4200NEX

In all reality if you don't have the electrical to support that amp along with Ohm rise you will be giving them less than 3500, but it's not wise to design a box expecting to account for those. It's better design as if you are on higher power: either for future upgrades or just common mistakes when assembling.

use this as a Guide for these subs..

10s : 1.25 - 2 cubes ported
12s : 2 - 3 cubes ported
15s : 3 - 4.5 cubes ported
18s : 4 - 6 cubes ported

At higher power err towards smaller; around rated power err towards bigger.