Sonic Electronix

Walmart now has RE audio and kinetik

If you guys could see some of the things that happen to those 'super deals' in a distribution center, you might be less likely to buy them knowing why they are at those prices.

90% of the time here, other stores will have the same products within 5% of the same cost as each other unless they each start running sales. And to save $3 on $150 worth of groceries and house supplies, I'd rather shop at the store I don't feel like I'm going to get pick-pocketed/robbed/shivved at.

Bah, we're derailing the shit out of this thread tho, I'll stop before I say too much lol.

If you guys could see some of the things that happen to those 'super deals' in a distribution center, you might be less likely to buy them knowing why they are at those prices.

90% of the time here, other stores will have the same products within 5% of the same cost as each other unless they each start running sales. And to save $3 on $150 worth of groceries and house supplies, I'd rather shop at the store I don't feel like I'm going to get pick-pocketed/robbed/shivved at.

Bah, we're derailing the shit out of this thread tho, I'll stop before I say too much lol.

Everybody is so honest here

Proof from another thread http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169526-2-subs-for-the-price-of-1-manufacturer-mistakes/page-3#entry2481588

But still go to walmart?

I think They have been on the Walmart site for over a year and only now people bring it up? lol

As far as business goes, it's a good move. Wal-Mart has tons more exposure than an dedicated car audio shop. Why not do it? You just have to meet the demand for production.

Kicker had to step up when they went to Circuit City because of a required quantity of a few hundred thousand pieces.

If you are running a business and have an opportunity to sell a few hundred thousand pieces a year to one customer, what would stop you?

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

I don't mind Kinetik being at Walmart, doesn't hurt my feelings...good for kinetik getting out there more.

My only problem with Walmart here is their store sucks and is a dirty POS. Has to do with the people that shop there mostly, they trash that place on a daily basis, shit all on the floors, it smells. They have the dog food my parents buy for a few bucks less along with some other stuff, they would still rather take two trips to Petsmart and Target then deal with the shitty people and nasty store.

Now for RE, never would buy any of their stuff anyway, they are the same as kicker for me.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Walmart is a great move IMO. Its good for all of us. More brands at walmart means more choices for everyone starting out. After the buy their first el-cheapo system they will want to upgrade just like everybody else in the car audio world. Who knows, maybe walmart will be the key to making the lifestyle grow. Good for the companies getting into the largest retailer on the planet. Growth is always good whether you like the store or not.

Current System:

Clarion CZ702

Stock 5 channel amplifier

Infinity Reference 4022i 4"

GRS 6.5"

Audiopipe 1800.1

2 RE Audio SEX V2's In a 4th order ported though the armrest

2003 130 Amp Toyota Highlander alternator

I can see re. Not so much kinetik. Wouldnt mind one bit though.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Walmart is a great move IMO. Its good for all of us. More brands at walmart means more choices for everyone starting out. After the buy their first el-cheapo system they will want to upgrade just like everybody else in the car audio world. Who knows, maybe walmart will be the key to making the lifestyle grow. Good for the companies getting into the largest retailer on the planet. Growth is always good whether you like the store or not.

LOL

Hell, Walmart / Bestbuy seems to be the go to source for noobs who want some beat. Hell...it was for me (best buy)

Maybe if they start offering better products, people will buy less boss / xplod and maybe just maybe those garbage brands will vanish.

Archived