Need help with meca class!

Okay, so I have never been to a meca comp. and im wondering how they determine what class you would compete in. Now, Ive read over the rules some and still dont quite understand what the hell im doing. so heres my setup:

4- 10" rockford p3s

1- soundstream rub1.2500d

1- xs power d975

2- 250 anl fuses

clarion headunit

kove soundprocessor

all 0 gauge wiring

stock alternator

no other mods to car

just want to see if anyone can tell me what class im in or explain in better detail of how to determine classes for meca competitions.

Is the battery you listed up front or the back? Either way, is there a fuse 18" from your amp on your power wire? If not, you need to add a fuse holder. What is the amp wired to? If it's @ 1 ohm, i'm almost positive you can run an 80 amp fuse during your run in the lanes and it won't blow. But all you need to do is have the fuse hold long enough to get your best number up there. You might could get away with a 60. To fit in AS 2 or street 2. If you put a bigger fuse than 60 but smaller than 160, you'll get into street 3. That is as long as your box is below the back seats and everything. Good luck!

'11, '12, '13, and '14 Meca Street 2 AL State Champ

AL Meca Street 2 Record Holder(151.6)

2012 Meca Street 2 World Finals - 3rd Place(148.7)

2013 Meca Street 2 World Finals - 2nd Place(151.1)

Is the battery you listed up front or the back? Either way, is there a fuse 18" from your amp on your power wire? If not, you need to add a fuse holder. What is the amp wired to? If it's @ 1 ohm, i'm almost positive you can run an 80 amp fuse during your run in the lanes and it won't blow. But all you need to do is have the fuse hold long enough to get your best number up there. You might could get away with a 60. To fit in AS 2 or street 2. If you put a bigger fuse than 60 but smaller than 160, you'll get into street 3. That is as long as your box is below the back seats and everything. Good luck!

the battery is in the back next to the amp and yeah the fuse is pretty close to the amp. the amp is wired at 2 ohms running somewhere around 1700 rms. i might just run a few different fuse sizes before i compete and see which size i can get to hold the longest lol. and my box is in my trunk.

Archived