Sonic Electronix

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably wasted 300$ on that amp. Nice. Should have just waited and done some more thorough research, but reading is different than hearing/experiencing. Suggestions on a decent amp for around 400$? I will change the box, should notice a difference. Should I start a new thread on ideas/input on a box design?

On songs such as "Bass, I Love You"- the lower notes I have to turn them down, they make a sound like they're bottoming. Also on higher bass notes. Ex. Paul Wall's "Gimme That". I would imagine they're clipping (heat on the coil area). If I play "Grey Goose" by the Ying Yang twins the amp shuts off during the lower notes. Just giving music for what's happening and when. It's the old one, silver top.

Bass i love you ... you are going to have to tune low and/or get better subs..... and if you think there clipping uoi need to find some one that can tune your deck and amp right.... it cuttting off can be bad ground low voltage ....you do hqve the bass boost off and the bass flat right?

Bass is set -8 on the deck. The gain on the amp is set under the normal position...so 1/4 the way up. I'm using the bass knob halfway. Reason I mentioned the Alpine 1100w rms amp is I can always turn it down if it's too hard on the subs, and not have to beat the amp to get power from it. Don't get me wrong, those above songs sound clean. Just the popping sound during certain freq. Now I can play "BME Click" by Lil' Jon full blast with no abnormal sounds. That one sounds the best out of the ones mentioned. And it's pretty constant on the bass as you may already know. My voltage at the amp and at the battery never drops under 12.5V. I'm going to check all ground areas thoroughly. If my ground isn't sufficient, will the voltage be the same at the battery and amp? My lights never dim. Last voltage check I did was with interior lights on, 4-ways and headlights. (testing strain)

http://i1316.photobucket.com/albums/t614/jfalk1417/20130612_0605081_zps8e6072d9.jpg

http://i1316.photobucket.com/albums/t614/jfalk1417/20130612_0559131_zpsd092c66d.jpg

This is why my subs sound like doodoo. How is this possible when I'm only running 500 watts RMS through 2 subs? Subs are dual 2 ohm 500 RMS each. Amp is 500 RMS @ 2 ohm. Good thing there's a warranty on them. (They are wired at 2 ohm btw)

Only half the coil looks dark/black.. Why?

98' dodge ram

140A alt

Big 3

XS D2700

JVC kd-r310

Rockford T500-1BDCP

2 Sundown E12 Ported 4cubes 35hz

Rockford P400-4

2 Infinity reference 3way 6x9

2 Polk DB 5 1/4

2x layer dynamat all doors

Archived