Second Skin Audio

18" sub box design

hello, im pretty new to the car audio so i would REALLY like some help. i plan on building my first box for an 18 inch sub (i havent bought it yet just trying to figure everything out first) but i dont know how to figure out csf or how to tune a port, i drew a picture on paint to get a rough idea with what i want. would anyone be able to tell me what the csf is and what size my port should be (i would like it tuned to 33 htz) thanks for the help cant wait to get an 18" =)

http://s1131.photobucket.com/user/nickricciotti/media/box.png.html

OH i forgot to add, the port must be rectangular and sticking out of the box rather then in (i dont know if it works like that thats why im askin). i plan on sliding the port threw the back seat arm rest slot i would say its 4 inches wide and 11 inches tall. hopfuly that will some one figure out how long it needs to be

ok i think i figured it out. my box is now 16 inches (H) 30 inches (W) 20 inches (D1) 42 inches (D2) and i got 6.9 cubic feet and my port is 12 inches (H) 4 inches (W) and 12 inches (D) for it to be tuned to 33 htz and im getting 1 RE audio SX18D2 and plan on getting a rockford fosgate p1000-1bd

• 2 weeks later...

Archived