Problems with Skar Audio 1500.1 + 2 VVX10s

The SK line of amps are some of the most efficent amps on the market hands down. Def need to know the final ohm load (assuming it has to be 1 ohm or .5 ohms since the vvx's only came in d4's and d2's so not possible for .25 ohm load....and that's the only ohm load where I've seen these amps loose efficency). Also, as others said, need to know your charging voltage as well as ending voltage AT THE AMP. Another thing, buying the Optima battery was the worse move you've made so far. Def some of the worse batteries for car audio usage. They drain fast and die quickly. Haven't used one in the past 4 years and never will.

I have a customer/teammate of mine running TWO sk1500's at 1 ohms strapped (.5 per amp) and his voltage drop is in the mid 11's with a STOCK 85 amp alternator.... We have 2 runs of 0awg front to rear, dual inputs in both amps, Kinetik 2400 upfront and Kinetik 2400 in the rear. Clamped a tad over 4100 wts rms out of those two amps strapped. And while his voltage isn't great by any means, it isn't terrible either, especially for a puny alternator.

Trust me and everyone else that has and will tell you that it's NOT in the equipment. Also, how does it sound? Is it loud? Deep?

Let us know more info and we'll help you out as much as possible!

V.

CT Sounds Authorized Dealer

Skar Audio Authorized Dealer

Shok Audio Authorized Dealer

Execution Audio Authorized Dealer

Knukonceptz Authorized Dealer

[email protected]

Check your grounds, and make sure every connection you made is tight.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

If you have questions regarding your electrical please give us a call and I will try to troubleshoot your system with you, however this does not reflect on there being a problem with the SK-1500.1D or the VVX-10's imo. More then likely insufficient electrical right now or there is an issue with grounds, etc. We will get you sorted out and up and running though, these guys have also offered some great advice.

Skar Audio

www.SkarAudio.com
Phone : (888) 501-7527

skarav.jpg