Kicker Haters - Please Enter!

I hate them now because of the underhanded selling tactics they use to undercut dealers.

On top of that, having to warranty 6/10 woofers sold was bad for business.

TEAM SOUTH Bassahaulic Productions

The ONLY Bright Atlantic Blue DiamondBoxx L

Drew Jones
Bassahaulic Productions

4 SSA ZCON 15"s
2 Sundown SCV-6000's
6 AGM G31's

161.6 @ 40Hz Outlaw
159.8 @ 36Hz Legal

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

I personally found that Kicker, MTX, Orion, Lanzar quality started to drop in the mid 90's when car audio started to fade. Kicker rocked up until that point in opinion. As others have stated the Warhorse amp is in iits own category. So it's not that I hate Kicker, I have just seen it turn into a swapmeet level product like many others.

lanzar was the shit ! I had some 15s back in 91. And kicker subs was alot beefier back the too. There old paper cone subs sounded amazing an got low. But those days are long gone. Damn it I'm old

Yes we are obviously that old :drinks:

Kicker is the best brand out there. One kicker comp 8 on 200 watt boss amp will smash a level 6 on 12k.

Come at me bro. Jk but kicker isnt horrible, we all have to start somewhere and im sure as shit there isnt one mother fucker on here that wants to drop a few thousand on their very first system. 2 cvr 12s on a 1k amp is plenty for the average joe.

Fuck warning points.

they are the best you can get at the department store so when thats all they know they are guna say i got the loudest subs out there because out of the 7 different brands this was the most expensive they hear these brands they never heard of that will kill the lows and say thats BS speaker i never even seen one of those

but just yeserday i had a cvr blow a lil smoke out the port running it with a skar vvx on the other side oops

True that.. a guy at an audioshop thought his 2 solo x l7 15's were the hardest hitting subs in the region.. to bad my 2 sundown sa12's in a 4cu. Ft. Slot ported box destroyed them lol. Then I switchesdit up to alpine type r 15s just cause I like the sound of the 15's.

lol..solo x l7s huh? ^^^ people making comments like this is why I hate car audio sometimes.

With Kicker, ALMOST everyone has ran it. My problem is price. In today's market it is way over priced. It isn't just the knuckleheads running, because you get those in all brands. I miss my Solo X 18 and I would put money on it being the strongest (other than NEO). Shit that sub weighs 108 LBS lol. Worth 1500 for a sub? Nope. I can get other brands just as 'good', build the box right, and be just as 'loud'.

They say you get what you pay for, but in Kicker's case (and sometimes RF lower end), you pay too much. I'm a RF guy myself, but cannot afford their good shit. :)

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

The loudest I ever got my truck before the wall was with a pair of Solo X 18s on the warhorse. Put up a 153.00 sealed on the dash. I would be curious to see what I could pull of with the same sub on a DC 10k with clean power.

Well if you follow my build, you can see what 4 Solo X 18 motors (built into custom 15's by PSi) can do on 2 - DC 5.0K's with clean power.... :ninja:

built by psi? please be some solo xxx's...........

Yes sir 4 Solo XXX 15's ;)

I hate them now because of the underhanded selling tactics they use to undercut dealers.

On top of that, having to warranty 6/10 woofers sold was bad for business.

Am I understanding this right? Basically you hate them because of their business tactics?

Did this personally effect you, causing your hatred?

And hey at least they warranty the woofers, more than many can say.

But to each their own, I respect your opinion.

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

I love how just because you (no one in particular) go on forums and know about brands like DC/Sundown, that all of a sudden, you are a car audio god. You know damn well before you joined one that all you knew about was Kicker/JL/RF.. I bet at least 80% of people on this forum have ran Kicker but won't admit it because it's too "mainstream". But anyways.. I've never ran Kicker, JL, RF, or those... although I have ran Power Bass and Pyle back in the days, LOL.

Archived