Second Skin Audio

Fi Q18 Custom Box 92 Vic

Pontius81

Ok im new at this so bear with me. I have had several systems but mostly premade boxes and junk main stream products. My new system is going to be a Fi Q18, Xs D3100, RF T2500 BD-CP, RF T600.4, RF 3sixty.2, Knu 0 Gauge, Big 3, Pioneer 4 way doors, Sony 601bt HU, and a few other things not yet purchased. I still need a HO alt for sure as the amp alone is 1800 rms at 4 ohm not to mention all the other fun stuff. My car is a 92 Crown Vic. Im converting my back seat so it can fold down. I have cut out my back dash and all other metal blocking the trunk access. Im going to build my box inside the trunk and try to seal the box to the cabin of the car. Has anyone ever tried to do this to a crown vic??? There are so many obstacles im facing. The biggest is box design. the speaker needs to be at a 45 degree angle to be aimed right into the cab of the car then wood around it to seal it into the cab. a few people said go with a custom fiberglass enclosure but the audio places anywhere near me seems like a bunch of hacks and want to charge me almost 80 a hour labor alone. Plus im hesitant on building a FG enclosure for a 18 and it shattering on me. I need some input big time. The trunk space that i have to work with is a odd shape and measured out is about 40" long 24"wide and 24"deep. That is the most room in the trunk possible if i build the box in the trunk. But i need the most box size with the speaker at about a 45. Is this impossible. Do odd shaped speaker boxes sound bad or am i limited to a rectangle enclosure??? Also if i build a odd shaped box how do i calculate pot size. Im thinking i should of ordered a 15 or 2 but its to late for that as my 18 ships out tomorrow after a month of waiting. What are my options??? Any help out there.

Shoot sorry. Its 40 long 24 tall and 24 front to back. What i really need is someone with a good sub enclosure program to lend a hand. Ill mail them a case of beer haha. If anyones in minnesota and can help a brother out i would make it worth while for sure, im wicked fustrated

No not yet. Ive never put anything up on the web like this man, im like really new at this stuff. How can i get pics on here from my phone??? At this rate im afraid that im going to have to be building a funky shaped box with unknow cubic feet and have to use round ports and tune using the all to famous speaker movement method generated with test tones. I just dont know how it will sound and im to poor to build more than one box if the first sounds like sh!t. Really frustrated. I wish there was a pro shop around me somewhere.

Archived