Sundown Audio

Need help setting up a Jl1000/1

Cruze2

Hello I recently aquired a Jl1000/1v1 with no manual. I have a Fi SSD 15" d2 wired down to 1ohm load. I've been having troubles with understanding this amp, because it has many different controls than what I'm used to. I was wondering if anyone has experience with a jl1000/1 amp could help me out. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

2012 Chevrolet Cruze

Those amps are not 1 ohm stable it says 1.5 ohm and many people have killed them running them at 1 ohm. They supposedly put out the same power no matter what the ohm load so just wire to 4 ohms and keep your amp alive. Or you could just sell it and buy an amp that will handle a 1 ohm load.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

It say on the website 1/2/4 ohm stable..and all of the settings really, I'm used to an orion 800.1 with very little settings and such..

Those amps were made to run their stupid 3ohm coils. 1.5 is the lowest they'll run. Unless there's something different about the v.1. Link to the spec sheet you're looking at?

How maby settings could there be? Subsonic ~ 5hz below tuning. LPF where ever you want (60-80hz?). You don't need at adjust phase. You don't need any bass boost. And the gain is to match it to your input voltage.

What else?

Archived