I know its a dead horse, CCA/OFC

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Before the tear out, my score stayed the exact same going from OFC to CCA. It's why I will use OFC when the budget allows and CCA when it doesn't. The CCA is ridiculously cheaper and a guard bargain to beat. Compare 50' spools and the difference is too much.

Now imagine where I run 200' of wire.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

OFC is better wire than CCA. Cost? I don't care.

agreed i bought cca first and reading alot ill save a little longer and run ofc..

edit:aside my opinion if cost isnt a issue run ofc but if your on a budget or running hundreds of feet of wire cca is fine i think you would be fine with multiple cca runs

My setup,

Digital Designs M80

3 Re audio 10's ported tuned to 36 hz

Kenwood x-696

SHCA 0 gauge

Polk audio coax running off hu

Meh. I know the cost is a factor, but I really only wanted OFC. So i kept my eye out. Electron Beam Technologies is a welding supply company that I found on Facebook and they have killer sales from time to time. Last week I got 40ft of 2/0 flex-a-prene welding cable @ 1.90/ft. (which is about as beefy as 1/0 sky high, maybe a little more so) PLUS 30 ft of 4 guage @ 0.67/ft. for $104 shipped for all. Can't beat that with a stick. I would say if cost is an issue run your cca until you can afford to upgrade OR keep your eye out for a couple of weeks. Love my OFC.

you guys are completely missing the point. he has more demand than one run of 1/0 OFC could handle. so he should be doing two runs. but two runs of CCA more than covers his needs. so the extra cost for OFC is wasted on "uhh, I like it better."

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

you guys are completely missing the point. he has more demand than one run of 1/0 OFC could handle. so he should be doing two runs. but two runs of CCA more than covers his needs. so the extra cost for OFC is wasted on "uhh, I like it better."

I tried to explain it as simple as I could...idk why it's still a battle between OFC and CCA. It's what is more cost effective

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

And the current demand. I've said it before, I was snobby and strictly OFC. Until I swapped and used CCA and dropped absolutely nothing on my loudest score same power and same frequency. And even with the extra four runs was STILL 1/3 the cost.

I don't care what anyone uses, whatever floats your own boat. But same exact score at the same exact frequency OFC to CCA? Yeah. I'll go with CCA.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

A single run of SHCA 2/0 OFC will handle that 240a alt just fine. It's affordable and you'll save $$ of fuses with that over 2 runs of CCA

Archived