I know its a dead horse, CCA/OFC

Sorry for bringing the CCA vs OFC thing up here. I have always used wire....and I honestly don't know if it was cca or ofc. Normally I have run one run of 1/0 gauge back off a stock alt and went with it. Problem is I have had issues with my sub amps. Not sure if it was a power issue or clipping issue. I have a DD1 so can set my stuff up right. Never used this much power (6000 rated, not saying by any means I will get that though) and just want to make sure I can power this without having issues or blowing the amp. If I do the cca it will be three runs of power and two ground. If ofc then two and two. not worried about the fuses though. Have about ten 1/0 gauge fuse holders in my basement and about 5 250 amp fuses. just need to get a few fuses and compared to what I have spent so far that couch change. Also never knew about the current and size of wire and what not. Learning more now but have just slapped a few things together before. Thanks for all the input though. Either way I go (im married so not that way lol) your input is appreciated.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177477-slowboring-07-trailblazer-build/

Pioneer DEH-80PRS
PRV 8MR400-NDY (eight)

PRV TW350Ti (6)
Sky High 1/0 OFC, 12 gauge and 8 gauge
TM Metalworkz battery terminals

120 sqft Hushmat
XS Power D3100 (6)
Singer 350 Amp Alt

Singer 320 (2)
American Bass SQL3200

JL Audio JX360/4

Crossfire XS 8K (2)

DC Audio XL 15s (6)

VbjgkeI_zpsc016cd1e.jpg

Cca ..... ofc does not matter as long as you have the required amount for your current

Snow your cost analysis is flawed and only acconts for one brand of wire.... shop around you can get more current capacity with cca and thhe added fuses for a lot chheaper then ofc.... and by your prices yoou get bent over everytime you make a purchase I would never pay what you do for wire

Care to give some numbers and data to back that up? Because every way I look at it OFC is cheaper in a cost/conductivity ratio. Assuming you use fuses.

If you run no fuses then CCA is better but the cost of fuses/holders offsets that.

If you are saying that even after the cost of terminals/solder/grommets/terminals/whatever that CCA is cheaper from a cost/conductivity perspective, then I'd like to see some evidence of that :)

If you can prove that while factoring in the costs of all the little things, then I might revise my stance of OFC vs. CCA.

Lol snow there is no way I'm giving you my contacts or prices

But on a retail level when not at work nor on my phone I might take the time to prove you wrong....

Please also remeber I have been doing this forr 17+ years I might know how to save a buck or 2

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Well

Cca ..... ofc does not matter as long as you have the required amount for your current

Snow your cost analysis is flawed and only acconts for one brand of wire.... shop around you can get more current capacity with cca and thhe added fuses for a lot chheaper then ofc.... and by your prices yoou get bent over everytime you make a purchase I would never pay what you do for wire

Care to give some numbers and data to back that up? Because every way I look at it OFC is cheaper in a cost/conductivity ratio. Assuming you use fuses.

If you run no fuses then CCA is better but the cost of fuses/holders offsets that.

If you are saying that even after the cost of terminals/solder/grommets/terminals/whatever that CCA is cheaper from a cost/conductivity perspective, then I'd like to see some evidence of that :)

If you can prove that while factoring in the costs of all the little things, then I might revise my stance of OFC vs. CCA.

Just a quick example...

Sky high a vender offers CCA and OFC

CCA costs 75 a spool OFC 150 a spool

CCA will work 250 amps

OFC let's say 350 amps

Let's do some math...simple math

350-250 is 100 extra amps, 150-75 is an additional $75

So if you cannot run extra runs use OFC but if money is a factor you are getting more out of ur money to run cca

Edit: summary you get twice the amount of CCA compared to OFC and I can guarantee two runs of CCA will be more conductive than 1 run of OFC. It's 500amps compared to 350 at the same price point bc generally OFC is twice as expensive

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

But on a retail level when not at work nor on my phone I might take the time to prove you wrong....

Please also remeber I have been doing this forr 17+ years I might know how to save a buck or 2

If you have special hookups that the rest of us don't get, then that doesn't really count.

Hunter: Click on the link in my sig. I go into more detail than just the raw cost of the wire ;)

If you have special hookups that the rest of us don't get, then that doesn't really count.

Hunter: Click on the link in my sig. I go into more detail than just the raw cost of the wire ;)

Valid points dude. Ur using less ring terminals and less fuse holders, basically less of all the accessories.

Only thing that I see wrong is that the CCA is 50% less than OFC. Ur pricing was only like 20% cheaper.

I guess either way it depends how cheap ur getting ur OFC or ur CCA. If you aren't getting CCA for 50% less than its better to get OFC.

I think we can both agree on that :)

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

Valid points dude. Ur using less ring terminals and less fuse holders, basically less of all the accessories.

Only thing that I see wrong is that the CCA is 50% less than OFC. Ur pricing was only like 20% cheaper.

I guess either way it depends how cheap ur getting ur OFC or ur CCA. If you aren't getting CCA for 50% less than its better to get OFC.

I think we can both agree on that :)

Yup. It sounds like Alpine has a hook up on his wire which brings the cost down, which is a totally valid reason for using it. But it doesn't count for the rest of us lol. There are certain situations where using CCA might be better than OFC. But more often than not I find that OFC is the way to go.

Someone brought that up on Facebook when I posted it and I used Knu as an example. Ended up with if you didn't use any fuses CCA was cheaper. If you fused, the OFC was a couple bucks cheaper. But you also get the benefit on not having to route as many wires.

Reason why I used Sky High as an example is because they are a vendor here. But you can plug in the numbers in for any wire you want and come to your own conclusion. My only point in making that post is lots of people look purely at the cost of the wire for their comparison, when you really can't do that. There are other associated costs. And when folks say "4 runs of OFC vs 4 runs of CCA" well... That's not entirely fair because then you end up with not only a vastly different price, but a very different current capacity too

Seriously: at the end of the day, run whatever makes you happy. But look at the whole picture when you make your choice. Not just the cost of the cable itself :)

Archived