In what state is that street legal?

Can it actually be driven to the store and back, in traffic, without overheating?

Street legal my fucking ass.

dunno what state but it was part of drag week. So yea it drove to every track it raced at. So store and back no problem. Probably had to swap tires to be street legal but thats not a huge deal.

WTF is drag week? If you want to sell me, you better come with more facts. For all I know, he lives a block away from the track.

http://www.hotrod.com/eventcoverage/hot_rod_drag_week/

Edited by aculous
  • Like (+1 Rep) 3

^ Just saw that the other day. There are some bad go getters out there. And dudes with big brass ones to even think about driving them on the road, let alone the track.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

I don't think they would like bumper to bumper traffic for hours on end.

But there are plenty of crazy fast cars out there- record holders on the track even- that can and are driven all over the country. Pick up a Hot Rod or Car Craft magazine and you will see those nut jobs.

Are they the norm?? Not at all. That would be as crazy as someone having a daily driver that does 160's. ...wait...

• Like (+1 Rep) 4

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

I don't think they would like bumper to bumper traffic for hours on end.

But there are plenty of crazy fast cars out there- record holders on the track even- that can and are driven all over the country. Pick up a Hot Rod or Car Craft magazine and you will see those nut jobs.

Are they the norm?? Not at all. That would be as crazy as someone having a daily driver that does 160's. ...wait...

I guess my argument comes from the Street Outlaws show. So Fucking Full Of Shit.

So we see this tubbed full frame S-10 with wheelie bars and its called street legal, meh.

I guess we all got our own opinion on that definition.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

So its a reality show.

Like I said, street legal my ass.

I'd love to see that truck stuck in rush hour traffic in SoCal.

They did all drive well over 1,000 miles a piece, towing all tools, spare parts, and whatnot behind them. Sure, it wouldn't work in SoCal rush hour traffic jams, but who would take anything 1,000hp plus into traffic like that in the first place? Fuck me I don't even like putting my car into traffic like that. I'll drive through downtown Dallas to avoid a traffic jam on i-35 anyday.

Regaurding legality of "street cars," all it takes for a vehicle to be street legal in Oklahoma is lights, indicators, and an exhaust system(to be brutally simple).

Hell you don't even need a windscreen, you can wear a helmet.

oh and here's his build

http://blogs.hotrod.com/inside-larry-larsons-doomsday-s-10-built-for-drag-week-2014-137729.html

Edited by boom50cal
On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

So its a reality show.

They did all drive well over 1,000 miles a piece, towing all tools, spare parts, and whatnot behind them. Sure, it wouldn't work in SoCal rush hour traffic jams, but who would take anything 1,000hp plus into traffic like that in the first place? Fuck me I don't even like putting my car into traffic like that. I'll drive through downtown Dallas to avoid a traffic jam on i-35 anyday.

Regaurding legality of "street cars," all it takes for a vehicle to be street legal in Oklahoma is lights, indicators, and an exhaust system(to be brutally simple).

Location was one of my main questions to legality. Thanks for clarifying Oklahoma as a very lenient state.

Even here in Cali, we got 800-1000 street beasts running around. But they aren't fully caged and tubbed race cars. (1500HP GT-R running around)

Seems to me, to be the fastest street legal car, you build a race car, then dial in the particulars to make it street legal. Kinda work the system backwards.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

So its a reality show.

Location was one of my main questions to legality. Thanks for clarifying Oklahoma as a very lenient state.

Even here in Cali, we got 800-1000 street beasts running around. But they aren't fully caged and tubbed race cars. (1500HP GT-R running around)

Seems to me, to be the fastest street legal car, you build a race car, then dial in the particulars to make it street legal. Kinda work the system backwards.

It's forsure bullshit bending of the rules, BUT it works for them.

Oklahoma doesn't have shit for registration rules aswell. No emission's testing, no yearly inspections, not a thing.

A fun fact regarding the Street Outlaws bullshit, all the drivers are registered and licensed stunt drivers. While the cars are capable of driving on the street, the producers do not allow the cars to be driven to a race night. The only car to EVER be driven to a race, then driven back home, was the T1 GTR in Season 2. Had the pleasure of seeing that car run in person at Street Car Takeover...was crazy fucking fast. An absolute MONSTER during the roll races

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

that truck is insane, first time out at the track and it broke the world record for fastest street legal car. Not on the first pass, but on it's first outing.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360