I was able to pull a used rear end out of a yard truck, pull my old one out from under by 'burb, get the new-to-me rear end under it, bleed my brakes, and drive it in less than 12 hours, it's easy.

What exactly are you having issues with?

Odd.

I worked on it a great 8hours yesterday to get it to the point it was at in the pics.

Worked on it again for a good 7hours today and am no farther a long than I was last night.

Got a bigger impact trying to break the bolts that hold the leafs in loose and nothing.

Got a air hammer to try and hammer them out and nothing.

Heated them up red hot tried air hammer again and nothing.

Heated them up red hot again and used impact and nothing.

Had a buddy stop by and after I heated them up he hit the one side with the air hammer while i had a impact on the back side and nothing.

Cant get a single bolt to even move or turn, let alone get them to slide out.

So tomorrow Im going to buy some nice metal cutting sawzall blades and try cutting them out because this is just stupid.

Its probably because hes from Texas and didnt have to fight with everything rusted together. Fuckin salt roads.. lol

7w1lnOR.jpg

2004 Bagged Trailblazer

(4)18" Sundown Nsv3s
(4) Taramps HD10000s, Taramps DSP3000, Lanzar opti 250x2, AB 100x4
(2)DC power SP 270s, (14)XS Power d3100s, (1)d6500

I was able to pull a used rear end out of a yard truck, pull my old one out from under by 'burb, get the new-to-me rear end under it, bleed my brakes, and drive it in less than 12 hours, it's easy.

What exactly are you having issues with?

Odd.

I worked on it a great 8hours yesterday to get it to the point it was at in the pics.

Worked on it again for a good 7hours today and am no farther a long than I was last night.

Got a bigger impact trying to break the bolts that hold the leafs in loose and nothing.

Got a air hammer to try and hammer them out and nothing.

Heated them up red hot tried air hammer again and nothing.

Heated them up red hot again and used impact and nothing.

Had a buddy stop by and after I heated them up he hit the one side with the air hammer while i had a impact on the back side and nothing.

Cant get a single bolt to even move or turn, let alone get them to slide out.

So tomorrow Im going to buy some nice metal cutting sawzall blades and try cutting them out because this is just stupid.

what exactly broke on you're rear end? I replaced the gearing and posi unit in a few hours. 2 days to complete but a few hours each day.

there are no spider gears left, and the axle housing itself had a slight curve from always bottom out on the frame.

and its not just swapping the rear end, that was off in a few hours the other night.

trying to get the old leafs off, so I can build new leaf packs and put them back on, along with the new coil over shocks, but shocks are easy to do.

Don't jack up the leafs. It puts more pressure on the bolt. Use lots of wd40 and hammer it out. If you have those impact air tool it helps. I have also used a torch to heat the bolt up and loosing it up. You will need new bushings

Don't jack up the leafs. It puts more pressure on the bolt. Use lots of wd40 and hammer it out. If you have those impact air tool it helps. I have also used a torch to heat the bolt up and loosing it up. You will need new bushings

Soak it in enough pb blaster or seafoam deep creep to fill a pool, let it sit overnight then got at it in the morning.

Another good trick is get that thing red hot then spray it with cold water, sometimes expansion and rapid contraction will break them free without any other steps

Edited by Broke_Audio_Addict

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.