not really lol. Its a daycab with a 230 in wheelbase or so. and a 40ft belly dump. I can manuever that thing in some tiiiiiiight fuckin spots dude. I love running a day cab with a kinda longer wheel base, you can jack knife the trailer so far doing a tight u turn(did this today inside a wellsite that had an open gate) that the trailer tires will actually rotate backwards.

shit load better spreading gravel with this than a dump truck.

unloaded its right around 30,000lb. We haul about 25 tons of rock at a time in the belly dump vs a dump trucks 14-15 tons. The tractor is about 17,000lbs and the trailer is 13,000ish lbs.

Probably my favorite thing to operate at my job, apart from a track hoe.

Edited by boom50cal
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1
On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

yes it is... the water is what makes it heavy. we get loaded with 12 tons of sand in a dump truck, then we douse the mother fucker with water. my freightliner dump truck I was driving has a 400hp 3406 Catepillar and a 9spd, it hated hauling the wet sand. I've had 18 tons of surge(8 inch chunks of rock, we stack it in ditches to keep the ditch from washing out) which it didn't mind. but it hated having the 12-13 tons of sand when it was watered down.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

yeah, i bought 3000lbs of sand and it was like a little spittle pile in the bed of my truck. crazy.

i was looking at these modern pickups and they are like 600hp and 900ftlb torque, and in the 80's tractor trailers wouldnt be in that range, but modern TT are even crazier than the pickup trucks they are making now.

The torque curve are just like WTF?!

How do you even build a drive train to hold up to that shit? lol

I have no idea lol. The ring gears in the axles are as thick as my ankle haha. That mack i've been driving is a 505hp/1760ft-lbs. Shit you not, unloaded it'll pull you back some in your seat. Spools up ~40lbs of boost. Its a blast to drive. If it wasn't for the RZR I just bought and the jury duty I have next week, I'd be dying to go back to work lol.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

052cc57b2a039db532e0d43fa2a9853ac4e257-w

GF must be cool as fuck if she lets her boyfriend keep his ex's vagina pictures

Edited by DubNDodge
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.