That happened to a coworker. I haven't had any one ask me personally. Then there'salways the lame ass that calls for a flux capacitor for a DeLorean.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Lane AKA HeroKight

'96 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4x4

R.I.P. Molliboo

$200 for new tires, on a jeep!? Is she stealing them or building them with a heat gun and rubber bands?

You hear that????

That's a category 5 shit storm coming

n8: hey you doing today. What's it like being a bitch? you can pm me if you'd like to explain why you arent one. Just like you did for your vs threads.

^^^Rules. Follow them.^^^

California voted to make emission controls more stringent than ever, and the 1983 model wasn't prepared to deal with it.

there are lots of 83 vetts out there. they didn't make production line till Jan 83 and they got titled as 84

technically in the books no it does not exist

You're wrong sorry man.

1 83 corvette exist.

It was

Saved by the factory workers.

And none of the cars that were made for 83 got released as an 84 instead they were all destroyed except for one.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

what the hell.. i say 1 exist and all pre production 83 got destroyed. you say the same thing but im wrong.. there were 44 cars, 11 went for crash testing and 32 were “disassembled”. it happen because there was changes to the emission control laws.. they started production in jan 83 not october 82 like it was intended for. all vettes in production in 83 got titled as 84.. lots of people own 83 vettes titled as 84.. when i say there are 83 vetts out there im not saying they are the ones that had to destroyed. they are redesigned to meet emissions control laws.

Guy Goodship says:

I have a Corvette that shows it was manufactured in 02/83 so how can you say that they weren’t made in 1983

Marjorie Starnes says:

I have one too. Made it February 1983. It’s a 1984 Vette.

Brent says:

According to the article, “The initial plan called for introduction of the newly designed 1983 in October 1982.” Then it follows up by saying, “a decision was made to withhold production (for sale) until January 1983 and to serialize them as 1984 models.” So, essentially, the 1984 model year started production (manufacturing) in Jan, 1983.

but im wrong though

"Car of the Year" by Motor Trend Magazine in 1984."

So, why were they held off until January? Before production lines began, California voted to make emission controls more stringent than ever, and the 1983 model wasn’t prepared to deal with it.

Edited by Miguels

A car produced in 83 doesn't make it an 83 if it was serialized as an 84 model, there is no 83 model year for a corvette look it up in any corvette history book you want.

My 2001 Jimmy has a production Date in 2000 does that make it a 2000?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

looks like you're not paying attention or stuck in your bubble.. i know there are no vettes registered as 83. the 44 pre production got destroyed but 1. the ones that went in to production in 83 got titled as 84.. dammit we are saying the same thing.. technically there are 83 vettes they are just titled as 84.. and do look at emission laws. they did change in 82

emission has a big part of it. cars in production in 81 are titled 82.. when the emission laws changed in 82 the pre production corvette in 82 was not meet the requirements and had 43 of the 44 destroyed and postponed the manufacturing to 83 which all got titled as 84

look up how most states had new smog testing in 1982. sometimes you have to dig deeper to find the real answers.. the corvette history tells you just that. there is no 83 vette but it dont go to full detail of why. just like every other history book created

Edited by Miguels