It does give you worse gas mileage and it burns hotter it also eats plastic and rubber and isn't stable without additives which they don't add so that means you buying them on top of the price of the fuel.

It does have useful purposes but just for daily driving I would never recommend e85.

cheap race fuel. 105 octane.

Not always.

And it's not that cheap if you figure out how much more you need to use.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

In my actual manual for my Tahoe it says "only people concerned about the environment will use E85" or something along those lines, I will look it up to be more accurate. I got to that part and was like nope, sticking to 87

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Haha that's great. I only remember seeing e85, I don't remember the rest. I was just skimming through for shits and giggles while I waited for firestone to take it to put my tires on.

I read something about e85 and some people using it. Don't use it, Unless you drive a new flex fuel vehicle, If you run it, and you don't have a vehicle that will tune for it on its own, don't even bother. Its gonna run like absolute shit. You can run a 20/80 mix, and help clean out your system, as its alcohol based. But no more then that really.

I tried the whole E85 craze, as im driving a supercharged foxbody, Yeah i felt a major difference in power, due to a higher octane, and a lower intake air temp charge, but the 5-8mpg i got with it was just fucking stupid. The tuning i had to do with it, was just fucking stupid as well, and it never ran right. Yeah it smelled fucking amazing when i drove it, and i burned so much, i could shoot out flames and what not, But my god...the headache is not worth its price per gallon. At all. I'll stick to 93 only, and get my bit better 10-12mpg. LOL.

Oh, and its not always e85 at the pump either, It vary's. So you SHOULD test it each time you put it in your vehicle, if its specifically tuned for that rated of E85. Like it could be E85, E70, etc. So whatever you tune it for, you have to stay in that rating of E85.

Edited by Katt

*06 330i - Sundern x12 - saz-3500*

*91 Foxbody V1 S-Trim Notch*

It does give you worse gas mileage and it burns hotter it also eats plastic and rubber and isn't stable without additives which they don't add so that means you buying them on top of the price of the fuel.

It does have useful purposes but just for daily driving I would never recommend e85.

cheap race fuel. 105 octane.

Not always.

And it's not that cheap if you figure out how much more you need to use.

$1.99 vs $15 a gallon for unleaded 105 octane race gas at the track? I don't follow your math.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

If you buy fuel at the track you're a fool.

You need to use 30% more of it to get the same energy as gasoline so if you are using it as race fuel to gain power you could be using double the amount fuel easily.

In a daily application it will not even save you money you use 30% or more fuel and get worse gas mileage.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Well, i guess if you like throwing money at it go ahead. Not everyone has money to throw like that, but whatever. My siemens deka 80lbs are enough for my setup, to run e85. And didn't break the bank either. But spending a shit ton, from like injector dynamics, no thanks. Not everyone also has pumps around them with good e85 also, especially if you daily your car....then go on a trip. Hell, i know from here to stl, theres not many good e85 pumps. Especially for my buddy's 773hp cobra, when they went to street car takeover...dont want cheap shit either.

*06 330i - Sundern x12 - saz-3500*

*91 Foxbody V1 S-Trim Notch*