What if I don't wire the parking brake at all?

I want to do it correctly(my friend says put the e-brake on one click). I kinda want to ground it out also.

44E24869-8B18-4DA7-92CA-60184F9BD067_zps

On mine I have a momentary interrupt button. So the wire stays grounded, I hit the button, breaks the circuit, release the button, grounds again. Therefore making it seem like I put the E-brake on, off, and back on.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

All of them work differently, some need the momentary switch some are smart enough for that not to work and others just get grounded.

Some also need to have the pins moved to other spots in the harness.

Find someone that knows what they are doing and pay them to install it.

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

For my friends car he had a Clarion FX503 and wanted to watch videos whenever without having the e-brake pull. I looked online and found a guy that made e-brake bypasses that you just solder in and it worked perfectly. Not sure if they make them for that model just google (your hu brand and model) then e-brake bypass

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire
- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gauge
Build Log: Click Here

Scores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw

5349E5E9-56D3-4F2E-8D22-5033EBCFA4E3_zps

• Like (+1 Rep) 3

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire
- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gauge
Build Log: Click Here

Scores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw

What if I don't wire the parking brake at all?

I want to do it correctly(my friend says put the e-brake on one click). I kinda want to ground it out also.44E24869-8B18-4DA7-92CA-60184F9BD067_zps

On mine I have a momentary interrupt button. So the wire stays grounded, I hit the button, breaks the circuit, release the button, grounds again. Therefore making it seem like I put the E-brake on, off, and back on.

U have the avh-4100nex?

All of them work differently, some need the momentary switch some are smart enough for that not to work and others just get grounded.

Some also need to have the pins moved to other spots in the harness.

Find someone that knows what they are doing and pay them to install it.

Before I told the shop which hu I had, I called them on the phone. I asked if they had a double pulse bypass. He said yes. So I took my hu to the shop to show him which hu I have. he said he doesn't have the bypass for that unit. He said he can install it & shit. But how would he install it without the bypass? I'm trying to stay away from the toggle.

Most likely he would install it the way its meant to be installed so you can only watch movies with your car in park and the ebrake on..

I wouldnt go to that shop though if they are idiots if they dont know a $8-13 device will bypass almost any parking brake on double dins.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/181877339928?ul_noapp=true&chn=ps&lpid=82 this is what you need to bypass.

Grounding out the brake wire to attempt to make it work would do about as much as not hooking it up. Nothing.

Also you wont find many headunits now day that the parking brake to ground trick will work on unless the headunit is really old, or new but really really cheap.

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

I just put a wire to my grounded frame, spent all of $0.01 doing so.

• Like (+1 Rep) 2
b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

I just put a wire to my grounded frame, spent all of $0.01 doing so.

I tried that with the clarion but it didnt work. It used to be it had to sense the ground and it would work. Now they need to sense it change from ground to non-ground then back. Ive gotten around these by putting a switch inline with the ground then all you have to do is toggle the switch and it works. That little bypass though does it as soon as the HU turns on so there is no need for the switch.

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400