http://www.kezi.com/news/346819642.html

Pretty messed up, my best friend's father was the guy driving the truck. Was just at their Halloween party. Dude has over 5mil miles logged without an incident, then this homeless guy decided to sleep it off between the wheels of an empty trailer. Somehow didn't wake up when the truck hooked up either. He didn't die right away, my buddy's dad sat there trying to comfort him while waiting on EMS to arrive, that's some heavy shit to carry with you.

On the flip side my wife works for the local non-profit food bank, and knew the deceased. She has served him meals in the past at the soup kitchen.

http://www.kezi.com/news/346819642.html

Pretty messed up, my best friend's father was the guy driving the truck. Was just at their Halloween party. Dude has over 5mil miles logged without an incident, then this homeless guy decided to sleep it off between the wheels of an empty trailer. Somehow didn't wake up when the truck hooked up either. He didn't die right away, my buddy's dad sat there trying to comfort him while waiting on EMS to arrive, that's some heavy shit to carry with you.

On the flip side my wife works for the local non-profit food bank, and knew the deceased. She has served him meals in the past at the soup kitchen.

As a driver this what I'm going to say

We get looked at as criminals by the general public and the DOT now. This guy your friends dad hooked up to a trailer and didn't bother to do a pre trip inspection. A pre trip inspection is the first thing you need to do whether it be a car or truck. Your friends dad might get some,kind of a fine or God knows if the DOT has plans of fucking him. 5 million miles is over 30 years of driving

P.s

I posted somewhere about when I got rear ended by a guy in a f150 and took his head clean off. Those images will never leave me. He will more than likely need to get help to fix him mentally.

Edited by Red-navi-916
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

I don't drive but I work on them for my family's company and pre trip is a must for me so I'm not sending trailers out with bad tires/brakes/wheel seals/etc but I never check until after I'm hooked up and pull out of its parking spot where it's not surrounded by trailers on either side and I can close the the rear doors. I don't feel the driver is at fault in anyway for not doing a pre trip I woulda done my pre trip after I pulled ahead too. Still a very bad way to die and bad deal the trucker

2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Alpine CDA 117

Redoing Mids/Highs

4 Runs of 1/0 Knukonceptz 2+, 2-

4 Deka 9A31's in back (Stock underhood) 250 amp Alt.

AQ20K

2 18" Crossfire XS V.2's 12 cubes 33hz 149sq inches of port!

I don't drive but I work on them for my family's company and pre trip is a must for me so I'm not sending trailers out with bad tires/brakes/wheel seals/etc but I never check until after I'm hooked up and pull out of its parking spot where it's not surrounded by trailers on either side and I can close the the rear doors. I don't feel the driver is at fault in anyway for not doing a pre trip I woulda done my pre trip after I pulled ahead too. Still a very bad way to die and bad deal the trucker

Same thing was said by another user on the trucker forum. And from my experience of driving and road stories here is what I don't get.

You hooked up,to the trailer and you had to,lift the landing gear a lot of people check if the king pin is locked into the jaw to save your self from dropping the trailer. What's so hard about looking back towards the tandems?

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

My understanding is he did his GOAL, but the trailer was in the last bay of the store's dock, and the drivers side of the trailer was against the wall. He checked with his flashlight looking across from the right side, but didn't see dude huddled up between the wheels.