22 minutes ago, srp365 said:

I suppose Takedown504 got a new ride

Image may contain: 1 person, car

I want to count the horns

• Like (+1 Rep) 5

I did a diy CAI on my 02 ram, but I did it because the previous owner installed a dual (2.5 or 3 inch, can't remember) exhaust and left the factory intake and it was obvious it wasn't getting enough air, so I pulled the factory air box and used 3" pvc that I painted with metallic paint to make a radiant heat barrier and routed it down to the fog light hole (didn't have fogs) put a big cone filter on it with a mesh screen in front of it and shielded it from the road grime in the bottom, greatly increased performance and fuel economy  (when I stayed out of it lol)

But i agree just slapping a cone filter under the hood you will fuck yourself

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

8 minutes ago, bolanorthhighlands said:

it narrowed it down to the transmission? what are the magnets for?

Just guessing off of his previous reply probably to trap any metal particals that would otherwise be floating around in the tranny fluid

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

14 minutes ago, bcpballer64 said:

Just guessing off of his previous reply probably to trap any metal particals that would otherwise be floating around in the tranny fluid

Tires and transmission were 2 separate things.

Tires were because of a vibration issue. Transmission for preventative maintenance. GM released a TSB regarding it, something about metal shavings accumulating in the 2nd accumulator 

I always run CAI but never have filter in the engine bay, try to have it in fender with open air easily being able to enter the fender.  Current Tahoe not so great, box in corner with opening to fender which is open to outside air.  =/     The only difference I noticed was it seemed just a hair more responsive, oh and you can literally hear it pulling more air, or the air moving to the intake is louder or whatever.  

I will try to find some pics. of some DIY ones I've done.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0