She broke the law but two wrongs don't make a right.

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

3 hours ago, Mitchaford said:

Oh I know its a budget 4k but it works fairly well for now with my current setup. 

I did it on purpose btw. It took the 4k clean for 15-20 minutes at a time no real problems. I'd let it cool down after that just to be safe. 

For the money, that sub is quality. 

As soon as I got my new sub in I just free-aired the mayhem full gain for about 2 minutes and it sparked real nice. 

Have new parts to actually make my own recone *first time doing that* for the mayhem. 

I wouldn't say for the money they are quality subs, they are just quality subs at a great price. Nothing budget oriented really imo about them. Fi/AA does a few things to keep parts prices down compared to similar wattage options that I have noticed over the years.

I had my pair of mayhem 18s in a rather large low box and they took a lot of abuse from a saz-4500 wired down .35 per sub. Lasted a long while, and didnt have any coil issues, but triple joint issues. (same for my Fi ufo btls 15s, but I kept regluing the triple joint every week the night before a comp until it one was done for good).

Make sure to properly align and measure EVERYTHING when doing the recone. Lots of measurements go into getting the coil height correct so that you dont jump the gap or bottom it out.

1 hour ago, mathewyocham said:

So you vandalizing her mirror and running away fixed the situation how? 

Theres a youtube channel I follow, and bikers do this all the time, many times the other driver did nothing wrong, like merging on to a highway in front of a biker yet the vehicle has plenty of room between them and the merging vehicle, nor does the biker move over to the other lane if he is so worried...
Then some of these guys flip a u banger in the middle of the road in front of oncoming traffic, break the speed limit to catch up, start cussing out the driver and kick or punch a mirror then take off speeding the other way.....

Seems like most the clips posted on the channel are bikers in the wrong over and over and over!

DirtBike Lunatic

https://www.youtube.com/user/TTheEveryThingg

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

3 hours ago, Karkov said:

She broke the law but two wrongs don't make a right.

No, they don't, and I don't condone what I did nor am I proud of it. But if someone other than myself puts my life into danger or risk of harm, I'm going to make that person pay in some way shape or form. You don't have to agree with it, it is what it is. 

2 hours ago, mathewyocham said:

So you vandalizing her mirror and running away fixed the situation how? 

It might not have done anything for her, it might have opened her eyes to realize she shouldn't be doing something that puts others in harms way and makes her pay attention to what's around her more. Like I said, I'm not proud nor do I condone it, but I'm not going to let a risk of my life go unnoticed. My horn did nothing as she continued to come over, she didn't know I was there till I was right next to her window because she wasn't paying any attention to her surroundings, only the phone in her hand

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

2 hours ago, audiofanaticz said:

I wouldn't say for the money they are quality subs, they are just quality subs at a great price. Nothing budget oriented really imo about them. Fi/AA does a few things to keep parts prices down compared to similar wattage options that I have noticed over the years.

I had my pair of mayhem 18s in a rather large low box and they took a lot of abuse from a saz-4500 wired down .35 per sub. Lasted a long while, and didnt have any coil issues, but triple joint issues. (same for my Fi ufo btls 15s, but I kept regluing the triple joint every week the night before a comp until it one was done for good).

Make sure to properly align and measure EVERYTHING when doing the recone. Lots of measurements go into getting the coil height correct so that you dont jump the gap or bottom it out.

Theres a youtube channel I follow, and bikers do this all the time, many times the other driver did nothing wrong, like merging on to a highway in front of a biker yet the vehicle has plenty of room between them and the merging vehicle, nor does the biker move over to the other lane if he is so worried...
Then some of these guys flip a u banger in the middle of the road in front of oncoming traffic, break the speed limit to catch up, start cussing out the driver and kick or punch a mirror then take off speeding the other way.....

Seems like most the clips posted on the channel are bikers in the wrong over and over and over!

DirtBike Lunatic

https://www.youtube.com/user/TTheEveryThingg

I have two mayhem recones im basing my measurements off of. 

If it doesn't work then oh well. Just order a recone from Fi

2008 VW Jetta

Team Fi 12 

CT 4000.1

CT 125.4

PWX 6.5

80 PRS

EB Flex 2/0

Second Skin

^^^ Build ^^^

If the coil wind height is different then the new coil then you wont be able to use it as a refrence, same goes for if you goto a different style basket, or use a different spider landing, or add any sort of spacers or vent rings between the top plate and basket.

Also its fairly hard to get an accurate reading off a recone that is already glued together due to the glue beads around the coil.
Your best case maybe setting the recone assembly on something flat like a table and measuring off the top of the table up towards the bottom of the spider lip that gets glued to the spider landing for the most accurate numbers.
Also get yourself a semi decent caliper, it will be WAY easier to do any measurements in MM and not inches. It will be a lot easier dividing and multiplying whole numbers than trying to use fractions.

Just giving you some tips is all, because it can be very tricky and frustrating to some for a first time complete build up.