17 minutes ago, Mitchaford said:

Oh yeah I've already spent too much time and money to not get it. 

Thank you for saying that tho because my folks are sorta the opposite. They are all for me doing some sort of trade as my profession. 

I am not hating on trades at all, but yeah, if you're balls deep already in engineering then you might as well blow your load and finish up!  You'll have so much more flexibility in the future.

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

38 minutes ago, Mitchaford said:

Oh yeah I've already spent too much time and money to not get it. 

Thank you for saying that tho because my folks are sorta the opposite. They are all for me doing some sort of trade as my profession. 

not going to try and sway you either way. I had thought about getting an EE degree, but I like working with my hands too much and they don't allow engineers to do that where I work. I went to tech school, got an electronics degree, and became an I&C Technician. I won't say exactly how much I make bc I don't like to brag and it may vary in different types of industry, but I will say I've only been here two years and made six figures last year plus I do make a little more than engineers.

2007 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab. Flareside
250 Mechman Alternator
Sky High Car Audio Big 3
XS Power D3400
Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kit
Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcp
Rockford Fosgate T400-4
DC Audio Lvl 4 12"
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" component
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6x8
Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD
SMD Volt Meter

6 hours ago, 77-AUDIO said:

I work in the electrical field (mcc buildings for chemical plants) and used to make a lot more than i do now doing electrical heat tracing. but was laid off. 

Sucks going from 75k a year to 52k.

And if they where to make 15 an hr. i think id quit here and bust my ass and be the fucking employee of the damn year.  lol.   

No shit right somewhere along the way retail and fast food quit being about the after school high school kid and college students and became a career path. I’m thankful I’ve got the drive to push myself and always want better. That’s really the only difference between where I am in life and where some of those servringgn fries are. You choose your own destiny.  

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

2 hours ago, WalledSonic said:

I may be biased in this recommendation but if youre already on track to be an engineer, keep going man.

What's funny is Walled is the only engineer I get along with. I'm a process operator in a chemical plant so we generally don't like engineers :)

Sitting around waiting to be installed:

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

40 minutes ago, n8ball2013 said:

No shit right somewhere along the way retail and fast food quit being about the after school high school kid and college students and became a career path. I’m thankful I’ve got the drive to push myself and always want better. That’s really the only difference between where I am in life and where some of those servringgn fries are. You choose your own destiny.  

I didn't do the fast food thing not because I didn't want to, I couldn't get hired.  trust me i tried at several places.  so I ended up in grocery, made more money (was a sacker/bagger) for about 8 months. Then a stocker position opened up. I did a week long trial.  went to check the schedule and my name was no longer in the sacker section but was now in the stocker section of the schedule.  did that while in high school, then went to another grocery store till i met the NABISCO rep.  Ended up doing that for about a year. then went to build decks. while doing decks I took an AutoCAD class, and then by the time I was 20 I was working in the engineering field.  Within 4 years I went from grocery (1994) to AutoCAD (1998), and a major pay increase from 5 bucks to 10 bucks an hour.  

I love the AutoCAD field, as I design out the boxes I build in it and also in solidworks.  Now I sit in an office with a nice tv on the wall.  yeah I made more doing EHT out of a 6x6 cubicle, and I had to drive 50 miles each way and it took 1.5 to 2.5 hours to get home Houston traffic sucks.  Now I make less but only drive 13 miles each way and i work private company, they pay my insurance.  So with all that I actually bring home more money per check.  

But the one thing I like about my current job is I actually want to go to work.  

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
1.77cubes net tuned to 33htz.
DC audio 2.0k
CT Pro Audio 8" in front, 6.5 in rear

dc_audio.jpg

9 minutes ago, Wishuponasub said:

What's funny is Walled is the only engineer I get along with. I'm a process operator in a chemical plant so we generally don't like engineers :)

where you from.

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
1.77cubes net tuned to 33htz.
DC audio 2.0k
CT Pro Audio 8" in front, 6.5 in rear

dc_audio.jpg

1 hour ago, Wishuponasub said:

Im a Production Design Engineer in a factory so i get that 'technician vs engineer' mentality. But I learned real quick that if i want my parts built correctly and in a timely manner, i better have some humility and take input from everyone that has a role in producing the parts i design. Engineers that 'never stop learning' and dont default to their own righteousness are easier to be respected outside the cubicle. 

• Like (+1 Rep) 4
  • Thanks (+1 Rep) 2

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

1 hour ago, WalledSonic said:

Im a Production Design Engineer in a factory so i get that 'technician vs engineer' mentality. But I learned real quick that if i want my parts built correctly and in a timely manner, i better have some humility and take input from everyone that has a role in producing the parts i design. Engineers that 'never stop learning' and dont default to their own righteousness are easier to be respected outside the cubicle. 

I wish we had a lot of engineers like you where I work. Most of them won’t take any input unless it’s from another engineer, and if they came from Georgia Tech, then you really can’t tell them anything lol

2007 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab. Flareside
250 Mechman Alternator
Sky High Car Audio Big 3
XS Power D3400
Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kit
Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcp
Rockford Fosgate T400-4
DC Audio Lvl 4 12"
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" component
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6x8
Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD
SMD Volt Meter