On 5/6/2018 at 1:53 PM, SnowDrifter said:

Buddy got some new HW over the weekend. Need intake fans but it works for the short term

20180505_010935.jpg

20180505_012735.jpg

Oh. My. God.

I just spent the last 10 minutes on the phone with him trying to tell him how to hook up a monitor and that YES, it does indeed need to be plugged into the wall. And yes, you need an HDMI cable. No you don't need to use the other ports on the back of the GPU. Yes they're there. Yes they're there for a reason. Yes it's for backwards compatibility. Yes there are different display protocols for different bandwidth requirements. No a VGA cable won't work. No VGA cables WONT WORK

Then he can't figure out screen resolution. So at this point I try to get a remote desktop connection established because no way in hell I'd be able to explain that. So then I need to explain for another 10 minutes that remote desktop doesn't mean a wireless monitor. 

Fuuuucking hell we're an hour into this and he still doesn't have his monitor hooked up. Like.. I set the thing up to be PnP. All he needed to do is plug in a screen and go. 

To those of you who work in tech support and deal with this on a daily basis: My condolences. I literally couldn't do it

• Thanks (+1 Rep) 1
  • Haha (+1 Rep) 2

On 5/5/2018 at 8:02 AM, n8ball2013 said:

Where did you order from. My turd daily has ugly bulbs and that just annoys me

https://hidkitpros.com

When I posted the fact on 3 Toyota sites/groups ,.. I was destroyed,  that you can get em cheaper doing it single. Well, fuck,  the 12 bucks, that I'd have saved was worth it to me, having a site, that had every bulb on the rig on one page. Select the color you want, and buy. 

Pics of said bulbs? Curios what they are shipping in the kits if they are generic bulbs, or morimoto bulbs that they have on their site. They have nothing showing what your actually getting.

Bulbs with multiple PC-B fail all the time, which is why Im curious because Id like to grab some up too

9 hours ago, SnowDrifter said:

Oh. My. God.

I just spent the last 10 minutes on the phone with him trying to tell him how to hook up a monitor and that YES, it does indeed need to be plugged into the wall. And yes, you need an HDMI cable. No you don't need to use the other ports on the back of the GPU. Yes they're there. Yes they're there for a reason. Yes it's for backwards compatibility. Yes there are different display protocols for different bandwidth requirements. No a VGA cable won't work. No VGA cables WONT WORK

Then he can't figure out screen resolution. So at this point I try to get a remote desktop connection established because no way in hell I'd be able to explain that. So then I need to explain for another 10 minutes that remote desktop doesn't mean a wireless monitor. 

Fuuuucking hell we're an hour into this and he still doesn't have his monitor hooked up. Like.. I set the thing up to be PnP. All he needed to do is plug in a screen and go. 

To those of you who work in tech support and deal with this on a daily basis: My condolences. I literally couldn't do it

I fucking LOLd the whole time reading this.

It's a fucking shame nice hardware is going to waste like that. Get this guy an iMac.

• Haha (+1 Rep) 1

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

10 hours ago, SnowDrifter said:

Oh. My. God.

yeah man its not easy. most customers I deal with dont know part numbers let alone should be swapping motherboards. 

1 hour ago, srp365 said:

I fucking LOLd the whole time reading this.

It's a fucking shame nice hardware is going to waste like that. Get this guy an iMac.

Get this guy an iMac. <---------- fucking this lmao