In for the oil filter cutout.

I had a friend that back in the day had a Chevy Celebrity and never changed oil.  When someone finally did on that car it felt powdery when rubbing two fingers together........worst oil I've ever seen.  But the filter didn't look like that OMG! 

Also, yea Wal-mart over tightens.  I hear that a LOT.  

I use full synthetic but still change it some where between clear and black (early)  $22-$30+ in oil and a filter is cheaper than new engine.  I change my own.  130k, original seals, doesn't leak a drop, no tick, no oil between changes etc.  All my vehicles are the same

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Growing up on the farm, I've always done all my own vehicle maintenance and I'm distrustful of anyone else doing it.  That stripped out oil plug only confirms my fears. 

A few years ago I had a Dodge truck with the 5.9 Cummins.  I never changed the oil, at least not in the traditional way.  I ran an bypass oil filter and I changed it out every 3K, about a quart of oil got replaced along with it.  I did used oil analysis every 10K to keep an eye on how my additive package in the oil was holding up and how much soot was in the oil.  The bypass filter was effective enough that the oil never got that dark diesel engine black, you could still see the dipstick through it.  I ran it for 100k miles that way without any problems.  That being said, messing with the bypass filter was kind of a hassle and I haven't bothered with the bypass filters on any of my other vehicles.   Though I still am very picky about the oil I use (high quality full synthetic) and I use oversized oil filters everywhere I can.  

• Thanks (+1 Rep) 1

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

6 hours ago, Bret said:

I hope the oil pan fared better than the plug. 

It did indeed, ford steel pans are pretty retard resistant.

6 hours ago, Karkov said:

In for the oil filter cutout.

I had a friend that back in the day had a Chevy Celebrity and never changed oil.  When someone finally did on that car it felt powdery when rubbing two fingers together........worst oil I've ever seen.  But the filter didn't look like that OMG! 

Also, yea Wal-mart over tightens.  I hear that a LOT.  

I use full synthetic but still change it some where between clear and black (early)  $22-$30+ in oil and a filter is cheaper than new engine.  I change my own.  130k, original seals, doesn't leak a drop, no tick, no oil between changes etc.  All my vehicles are the same

Been getting too damn busy at work this week to cut it open so far, I'll get her done though for sure.

I run full synthetic and change my oil id say around every 1500 to 3000 miles depending on how i feel about it, lol.

Ive seen waytoo much bad shit to ever do crazy drain intervals on a normal daily driven vehicle.

5 hours ago, Triticum Agricolam said:

Growing up on the farm, I've always done all my own vehicle maintenance and I'm distrustful of anyone else doing it.  That stripped out oil plug only confirms my fears. 

A few years ago I had a Dodge truck with the 5.9 Cummins.  I never changed the oil, at least not in the traditional way.  I ran an bypass oil filter and I changed it out every 3K, about a quart of oil got replaced along with it.  I did used oil analysis every 10K to keep an eye on how my additive package in the oil was holding up and how much soot was in the oil.  The bypass filter was effective enough that the oil never got that dark diesel engine black, you could still see the dipstick through it.  I ran it for 100k miles that way without any problems.  That being said, messing with the bypass filter was kind of a hassle and I haven't bothered with the bypass filters on any of my other vehicles.   Though I still am very picky about the oil I use (high quality full synthetic) and I use oversized oil filters everywhere I can.  

Ive seen some really crazy things in this industry for sure.

And people are creatures of habit so they just go to the same place they have always gone and assume that their cars are being swrviced properly, which lots of times isnt the case.

I dont fuck around though, i work on everyone's car the same way id work on my own car, done this work about 5 years total in my life 3 of them at the store I'm at now and have not had a single damage claim from any work ive done, period.

I have the only shop in my company that can make that claim too out of the 18 stores my boss owns.

Ive always been curious about bypass filters, a lot of big rig guys use them amd swear buy them.

To me though i dont know how i feel about it because the oil does indeed break down in other ways the just the additive package being depleted.

But if you are monitoring it with oil analysis im sure you'd see it if there were major changes in the viscosity.

Synthetic oils are much more resilient to changes in viscosity from thermal breakdown though so that's probably how its possible to do such a thing.

Now way I could ever see it being a possibility with conventional oil.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Crashed my car September 1st on the freeway.  just got it back on the road. It looks ugly right now but it will get better. I couldn’t remove my doors and replace them because I didn’t want to get rid of the second skin.  it looks like I will need to. When I crashed, my mom gave me a car with blown head gaskets but it runs

5m0IHfG.jpg

Y0UQBQk.jpg

qg4shtH.jpg

c8pRaFX.jpg

otUM96P.jpg

274029854cacdc002dacdbd5a002054a.jpg

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

MASConsulateLocationMap.97153139_std.jpg

Pioneer 80PRS

imageedit_377_6204591896.jpg

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

Pioneer 80PRS

42168911_1847027472041244_8934236728273666048_n.jpg

Pioneer 80PRS

41101946_1833592426718082_4501591489641447424_n.jpg

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Pioneer 80PRS