I have been out of the audio game a while and decided to get back in. I am trying to ball on a budget. I recently bought 3 RE Audio SRX 12's and got burned with the purchase. The sub was good but the tinsel leads were made out of crap. Total garbage tinsel leads. They sounded good before the leads broke. I bought them through sonic so now I am getting a store credit and was looking at the Skar Audio IVX v2 12's D4. I can't find much info about these on the net from other people. Looks like the leads are woven into the spider which is good. My main question is about pushing them. I have a Rockford Fosgate Power 1000bd that I was planning on running at 2.67 ohms on 3 12's. I guess they may see about 300 watts a piece. I want a good mix of SQ and SPL for a woofer around this price range. Will this amp be able to produce that on these 3? If they aren't going to do much on 300 watts I don't want them. I want to add that they will be sealed as ported is out of the question with the space I am using.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been out of the audio game a while and decided to get back in. I am trying to ball on a budget. I recently bought 3 RE Audio SRX 12's and got burned with the purchase. The sub was good but the tinsel leads were made out of crap. Total garbage tinsel leads. They sounded good before the leads broke. I bought them through sonic so now I am getting a store credit and was looking at the Skar Audio IVX v2 12's D4. I can't find much info about these on the net from other people. Looks like the leads are woven into the spider which is good. My main question is about pushing them. I have a Rockford Fosgate Power 1000bd that I was planning on running at 2.67 ohms on 3 12's. I guess they may see about 300 watts a piece. I want a good mix of SQ and SPL for a woofer around this price range. Will this amp be able to produce that on these 3? If they aren't going to do much on 300 watts I don't want them. I want to add that they will be sealed as ported is out of the question with the space I am using.

They are very versatile woofers and take power with authority, I think you will really like them :-). The 3 12's on that amplifier would be a perfect match!

Skar Audio

www.SkarAudio.com
Phone : (888) 501-7527

skarav.jpg

i have an ivx-v2 10" in my single cab pickup on a busted hifonics 4 channel. still getting 137db on the dash on termlab at 36hz though. its a decent sub. best i figure its getting about 80 watts rms.

that being said, im thinking about jumping to a vvx 15, but only if i can get my hands on a v1.

--edited to fix spelling fails

Edited by Hugh G. Rection

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

i have an ivx-v2 10" in my single cab pickup on a busted hifonics 4 channel. still getting 137db on the dash on termlab at 36hz though. its a decent sub. best i figure its getting about 80 watts rms.

that being said, im thinking about jumping to a vvx 15, but only if i can get my hands on a v1.

I believe a guy on here named PurpleHaze is selling 4 of the vvx 15s. Could be sold but it cant hurt to take a look if you're interested

Nothing for now...

Did you get that scar tissue when you got your vagina installed?

I'd grab Adam's ass and look him in the eyes for a demo of nates truck.

I believe a guy on here named PurpleHaze is selling 4 of the vvx 15s. Could be sold but it cant hurt to take a look if you're interested

i dont want used subs.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg