Sundown Audio

Amp stays on occasionally?

karlmarkiewicz

I have a Kicker ZX300.1 (pretty old one) and i have two kicker 300 Watt subs connected to it. I also have a Sony xPlod head unit (forgot exact model). I have had this setup for a while, and it was all working fine until i relocated my amp to under the passenger's seat (i think that is when the problem started).

SOMETIMES (emphasis on 'sometimes') after turning the car completely of locking the doors etc. the amplifier will stay ON, i can tell because the light on it stay on, and my battery drains to 6 volts OVERNIGHT. However, sometimes it just turns off with the ignition like it should, and i wake up to a car with over 12V still. Why could this be happening?

I should also mention, i found out today that the amp will turn on and off with the ignition even if the remote wire IS NOT plugged in. Not sure if related but i thought i would mention it.

Can anyone help me? It is a b**ch having to unplug the amp even time i stop the car.

Thanks!

Your 12v wire could have stray wire frays bridging to the remote term maybe?

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

i'm with Raptorman on this one. This happened to one of my buddies years ago and sure enough it was his frayed power wire touching the remote side.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

You've got your 12V switched wired to your 12V constant. Yellow to red. You need to fix that our it could put a parasitic drain on your battery when the car is off and kill the battery.

Take the deck out and look at your wired. You need to find a new place of obtaining your 12V switched wire Grab one from the curse panel that lights up when you truth the ignition to ON position.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

any pictures of the amp? that could help

I can't get any right now as it is a bit dark, and my cam isn't good enough. Will get some tomorrow.

i'm with Raptorman on this one. This happened to one of my buddies years ago and sure enough it was his frayed power wire touching the remote side.

I will check the wires tomorrow, although they really didn't seem frayed at all. Could anything else cause it?

If that's not the case you could put a switch on the remote wire. Will just have to remember to turn it off each time

I tried this, it seems like the remote wire is ineffective to the amp because pulling the remote wire OUT will not turn the amp off.

You've got your 12V switched wired to your 12V constant. Yellow to red. You need to fix that our it could put a parasitic drain on your battery when the car is off and kill the battery.

Take the deck out and look at your wired. You need to find a new place of obtaining your 12V switched wire Grab one from the curse panel that lights up when you truth the ignition to ON position.

Wouldn't that mean the amp would ALWAYS stay on? Because at the moment, the amp only OCCASIONALLY stays on, it is completely random. Take now for example. Right now the amp is off and the car is off (like it should be), but yesterday the amp stayed on all night.

Thanks for the responses guys!

Archived