Sundown Audio

My test: Taramps HD3000

TaylorFade

• 2 months later...

Bringing this back to see if anyone else has purchased one......the hd8000 in particular. Considering this for my daily groundpounder to run 4-18's at tax season.

99 Suburban 2wd LS w/5.7L

Alt/wire-Singer 275a w/single 4/0 power & ground

Batts-D3400 (front) & 4 XP3000's (rear)

HU--Pioneer 80prs

Front stage-Morel CAT378/PRV 8", amps-(2) PPI P600.2's

Subs & amplification still to be decided

A buddy of mine has had one of the HD-8000's for a while now, It's still holding up fine. He's got it on (4) lvl3 18's in a wall, sounds DAMN good, running at 4ohms, 310amps of draw and outputs are running about 200vac.

Sponsored by:

Kenwood

Pioneer

Linear Power

YWS

LoCrew Customs

AirRide

SMC

Viair

Series-tuned 6th on 4.8kw @8ohms.

Best I can tell from my research so far, as long as you maintain above the recommended voltage & impedence, there are zero issues. I personally don't plan to compete or drop below 1ohm so they seem to be a perfect option.

99 Suburban 2wd LS w/5.7L

Alt/wire-Singer 275a w/single 4/0 power & ground

Batts-D3400 (front) & 4 XP3000's (rear)

HU--Pioneer 80prs

Front stage-Morel CAT378/PRV 8", amps-(2) PPI P600.2's

Subs & amplification still to be decided

I've been quoted a good price on a HD4000. Now i am between the Taramps and the American Bass 200.1

Getting loud is only half the job;sounding good while doing it is where the glory is.1998 Jeep CherokeeHead Unit: Pioneer AVH-P6300BTFront Stage: Kenwood 6.5Rear Stage: kenwood 6.5Tweeters: SoundstreamMids/Highs amp: Hifonics Zeus 600.4Sub Amp: Hifonics BRZ2400Subs: 4 Skar VVX 10s(only running 2 now; still has all of them though)Batteries: Optima Red Top(under the hood)XS Power D1200(in the trunk)0 AWG Power Wire

• 5 years later...

"Oh, you've seen them before: those little stickers or tags making clear that if you want your warranty on a product to remain valid, you'd better leave one or more of its parts untouched. The idea, of course, is that consumers are barred from using third-party parts and repair services for the product if they would like to hang on to that guarantee.

Well, as you've probably long suspected — or desperately wished, at least — those warnings are bunk. Worse than that, actually: The Federal Trade Commission says they're illegal."

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/04/11/601582169/warranty-void-if-removed-as-it-turns-out-feds-say-those-warnings-are-illegal

And for those thinking Taramps is a Brazilian company so they don't have to follow those rules, the FTC has jurisdiction over any and all products sold in the US by anyone. So in Brazil, sure they can probably take your warranty from you, but not here!

10 minutes ago, schonzen said:

"Oh, you've seen them before: those little stickers or tags making clear that if you want your warranty on a product to remain valid, you'd better leave one or more of its parts untouched. The idea, of course, is that consumers are barred from using third-party parts and repair services for the product if they would like to hang on to that guarantee.

Well, as you've probably long suspected — or desperately wished, at least — those warnings are bunk. Worse than that, actually: The Federal Trade Commission says they're illegal."

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/04/11/601582169/warranty-void-if-removed-as-it-turns-out-feds-say-those-warnings-are-illegal

And for those thinking Taramps is a Brazilian company so they don't have to follow those rules, the FTC has jurisdiction over any and all products sold in the US by anyone. So in Brazil, sure they can probably take your warranty from you, but not here!

This thread is 6 years old. 

Archived