Second Skin Audio

Need My Sub Repaired! Please Help!!!

most likely if you recone one you will need to recone the other,

the specs on the recone are likely to be completely different than than the original,

Also

You could buy another one, but then you have one sub that is new, and one sub that isn't, so one with a really stiff suspension, and one with a potentially loose suspension, they will both be different.

Im just being picky, but no matter what you choose to do, its going to be like your running 2 different subs,

I have never seen a recone for a diamond, you may have to send it off to let a shop figure out the proper parts needed for the fix

XS-power1.jpg

Both are still really stiff, I would say the suspension is like new on both subs, so that's really not something i'm worried about.

I just need to find someone around here who can repair it for me.

I mean I'll repair both if needed I don't care. I just want them back in my trunk!!!

• 1 month later...

I have a diamond audio tdx 12in dual 2ohm that I need fixed too, I called diamond audio and they said they don't have the parts for it anymore and for me to call shops and see if any of em have parts for it. Really sucks its a great sub, anyone know someone in Colorado that could fix it or have the parts? Any help is greatly appreciated!

From what I found with a quick google search, I'd say it's not worth repairing.

If you still want to try though, email PSI Car Audio and see if they can make you a recone for it

Why not worth repairing? Jus super costly for parts? Its one of the better subs I've owned it really beats low. I was just going to fix it to sell tho anyways, I got a 15in kicker L7 for use but I intend on selling that soon too to buy a 15 or 18 inch DC lvl4 or XL. So I was just curious, thanks for the quick response and advice

Being that I'm not using it and was going to sell it for cash towards my DC sub, nah definitely not worth it lol. Would it even be worth trying to sell it as parts for like $20 or something or is its only future in the dumpster out back? Lol

Why not worth repairing? Jus super costly for parts? Its one of the better subs I've owned it really beats low. I was just going to fix it to sell tho anyways, I got a 15in kicker L7 for use but I intend on selling that soon too to buy a 15 or 18 inch DC lvl4 or XL. So I was just curious, thanks for the quick response and advice

It's a cheap sub. Your performance/cost ratio when it comes to repairing it vs. buying a quality sub isn't too great

Archived