Sky High Car Audio

just a question, but why did you post this here? he has his own sub forum now..

I must have overlooked that, my fault. I don't come here that often so I'm not too familiar with the locals. But, not sure he would have really liked this in his forum anyway.

more suited to be in his forum

and honestly after dealing with jon over the last year and a half.. he wouldnt mind

he is open to new ideas and NEVER wants a customer to feel cheated he will take care of you if mylow doesnt

as for the "OMG SHCA WIRE IS DA BIGGEST AND BEST" its not really true

his wire is cheaper than most and has a thicker jacket (i like that)

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

^^ Cant wait to swalllow Ghost's babies

These annoy me. You're comparing two oversized wires and it's even visually obvious which is bigger. Now tell me which cost more?

The Knu was $10 more. And why does this annoy you? I have heard many people say that Sky High was bigger and/or so much better, so the whole point of this was to give a visual comparison.

That's the point you're not getting. Cheaper, still bigger, and YOU'RE COMPARING TWO OVERSIZED wires. Maybe that will help you understand what I'm trying to say. It is definitely bigger than its competitors. The fact you also compare to something that is also oversized just makes it similar. Compare to actual 4 gauge and tell me it's not ridiculous. I'm all for personal opinions but feel free to buy something else and tell me it's larger and for just as much. I'll wait.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

So here is my second set of "new" fuse blocks, the replacement set Jim sent me from Sky High:

DSC_5275_zps82dc1d5f.jpg

Called Jim right away again, said new blocks are being shipped tonight. I am now getting ring terminal style blocks.
"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

Who the hell is Jim ??

Explained above. But his username is mylows10, he's on most forums, not sure about this one.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

So help me understand what you are not happy about. The strand count has to do with flexibility the diameters are extremely close and our wire is still cheaper. CS is amazing so what exactly is your problem? It is bigger than most of it's competitors and still cheaper in the end. You also noticed the higher grade of copper used so was this a witch hunt or do you actually have something negative to say about the brand? The size difference posted by you is 1mm and 58 strands so that's worth another $10?

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

So help me understand what you are not happy about. The strand count has to do with flexibility the diameters are extremely close and our wire is still cheaper. CS is amazing so what exactly is your problem? It is bigger than most of it's competitors and still cheaper in the end. You also noticed the higher grade of copper used so was this a witch hunt or do you actually have something negative to say about the brand? The size difference posted by you is 1mm and 58 strands so that's worth another $10?

I don't have a problem with the wire. Not sure where that came from, maybe I explained it bad in the OP, or maybe some people took it that way and now we're here. Either way, my only problem was with people saying it was bigger wire. There's no way to say it's a higher grade of copper, I didn't say that, the wire just has a deeper copper hue. This almost definitely comes from the lack of tinning, and is probably where the extra size comes from on the Knu. But again, I'm not knocking the wire in this thread, simply comparing it.

Main point of this thread is the blocks. That's where I do have something bad to say. Twice now they sent me obviously used fuse blocks, that were labeled as new. I'm kinda surprised you skipped right over that.

I don't have a problem with the wire. Not sure where that came from, maybe I explained it bad in the OP, or maybe some people took it that way and now we're here. Either way, my only problem was with people saying it was bigger wire. There's no way to say it's a higher grade of copper, I didn't say that, the wire just has a deeper copper hue. This almost definitely comes from the lack of tinning, and is probably where the extra size comes from on the Knu. But again, I'm not knocking the wire in this thread, simply comparing it.

Main point of this thread is the blocks. That's where I do have something bad to say. Twice now they sent me obviously used fuse blocks, that were labeled as new. I'm kinda surprised you skipped right over that.

I didn't skip over it the blocks are not used I can tell you that not sure what the discoloration is on the inside but we don't have used blocks. You spoke about it not being bigger and I responded to that and said when did 1mm and 58 strands become of any significance that's worth $10 more? I can understand your disappointment with the blocks not being what you expected and for that I am sorry but comparing it to knu and nitpicking about a size difference like that is reaching don't you think.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

I think maybe he was just expecting the holy grail of wire, but it's not like knu is horrible wire. Knu is great oversized wire, so maybe that was part of his mistake.

Its great stuff, you don't seem impressed at all OP...can't please every body.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Archived