Sky High Car Audio

Fuck Yeah ^^^^

Put that in your pipe and smoke it bitch!

25d9cf71-fff8-4b67-a8f5-28c80d5ea859_zps7d3fe7f6-90c4-4939-b709-43f0e5812212_zps

2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback (build in progress)

NVX Sound Deadener (Front Doors)
Stinger FAST Rings

Stock Electrical

SSA Evil 6.5's Front Speakers
Stock rear speakers

MB Quart ONX4.80 speaker amp
Rockford Fosgate T-1500bdcp
DC Level 4 12" D1 @ 2-ohm
Box In Design Stage
Stock Radio
My Build Log

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So help me understand what you are not happy about. The strand count has to do with flexibility the diameters are extremely close and our wire is still cheaper. CS is amazing so what exactly is your problem? It is bigger than most of it's competitors and still cheaper in the end. You also noticed the higher grade of copper used so was this a witch hunt or do you actually have something negative to say about the brand? The size difference posted by you is 1mm and 58 strands so that's worth another $10?

I don't have a problem with the wire. Not sure where that came from, maybe I explained it bad in the OP, or maybe some people took it that way and now we're here. Either way, my only problem was with people saying it was bigger wire. There's no way to say it's a higher grade of copper, I didn't say that, the wire just has a deeper copper hue. This almost definitely comes from the lack of tinning, and is probably where the extra size comes from on the Knu. But again, I'm not knocking the wire in this thread, simply comparing it.

Main point of this thread is the blocks. That's where I do have something bad to say. Twice now they sent me obviously used fuse blocks, that were labeled as new. I'm kinda surprised you skipped right over that.

I didn't skip over it the blocks are not used I can tell you that not sure what the discoloration is on the inside but we don't have used blocks. You spoke about it not being bigger and I responded to that and said when did 1mm and 58 strands become of any significance that's worth $10 more? I can understand your disappointment with the blocks not being what you expected and for that I am sorry but comparing it to knu and nitpicking about a size difference like that is reaching don't you think.

So wait, you're telling me that brand new blocks have solder in them? I simply can not understand how solder gets in there if they haven't been used before. They may be new to you guys, that very well may be true. But they were used before at one point, I can't see how they're not. If you know something I don't, please tell me.

Comparing things like this is exactly what customers do. 1mm, 58 strands, tinning, smaller OD, more colors, yeah I'd say that's worth $2.50 ($77.50 for Knu, $75 for SHCA) more for 50ft of 4ga OFC. I didn't really want to make this thread all about the wire, but since most people want to, there it is.

I think maybe he was just expecting the holy grail of wire, but it's not like knu is horrible wire. Knu is great oversized wire, so maybe that was part of his mistake.

Its great stuff, you don't seem impressed at all OP...can't please every body.

It is good stuff. I'm not saying it's not. I guess I was just expecting more, as everyone has told me it's bigger and better wire. It's not, and that was the main point of the comparison. But it's simply that, a comparison.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

So help me understand what you are not happy about. The strand count has to do with flexibility the diameters are extremely close and our wire is still cheaper. CS is amazing so what exactly is your problem? It is bigger than most of it's competitors and still cheaper in the end. You also noticed the higher grade of copper used so was this a witch hunt or do you actually have something negative to say about the brand? The size difference posted by you is 1mm and 58 strands so that's worth another $10?

I don't have a problem with the wire. Not sure where that came from, maybe I explained it bad in the OP, or maybe some people took it that way and now we're here. Either way, my only problem was with people saying it was bigger wire. There's no way to say it's a higher grade of copper, I didn't say that, the wire just has a deeper copper hue. This almost definitely comes from the lack of tinning, and is probably where the extra size comes from on the Knu. But again, I'm not knocking the wire in this thread, simply comparing it.

Main point of this thread is the blocks. That's where I do have something bad to say. Twice now they sent me obviously used fuse blocks, that were labeled as new. I'm kinda surprised you skipped right over that.

I didn't skip over it the blocks are not used I can tell you that not sure what the discoloration is on the inside but we don't have used blocks. You spoke about it not being bigger and I responded to that and said when did 1mm and 58 strands become of any significance that's worth $10 more? I can understand your disappointment with the blocks not being what you expected and for that I am sorry but comparing it to knu and nitpicking about a size difference like that is reaching don't you think.

So wait, you're telling me that brand new blocks have solder in them? I simply can not understand how solder gets in there if they haven't been used before. They may be new to you guys, that very well may be true. But they were used before at one point, I can't see how they're not. If you know something I don't, please tell me.

Comparing things like this is exactly what customers do. 1mm, 58 strands, tinning, smaller OD, more colors, yeah I'd say that's worth $2.50 ($77.50 for Knu, $75 for SHCA) more for 50ft of 4ga OFC. I didn't really want to make this thread all about the wire, but since most people want to, there it is.

I think maybe he was just expecting the holy grail of wire, but it's not like knu is horrible wire. Knu is great oversized wire, so maybe that was part of his mistake.

It is good stuff. I'm not saying it's not. I guess I was just expecting more, as everyone has told me it's bigger and better wire. It's not, and that was the main point of the comparison. But it's simply that, a comparison.

The blocks are not used in the least bit again I am not sure on the discoloration but it has already been explained to you.

Furthermore you sir are reaching you really are. 1mm and 58 strands is not worth a damn thing in the end. You were expecting more but the wire was literally a mm smaller? Are you kidding me are you really so petty that you would make a thread that doesn't prove any point aside from great wire and customer service. But oh wait we are 1mm smaller than Knu so that's the huge turn off? We appreciate the business and you taking time to make the thread, I apologize that you are not happy with the blocks and I am sure someone will get to the bottom of it but talking about the wire like its so much smaller than the knu is laughable. As far as tinning goes tinning wire has its cons as well.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

25d9cf71-fff8-4b67-a8f5-28c80d5ea859_zps7d3fe7f6-90c4-4939-b709-43f0e5812212_zps

Stinger FAST Rings

Stock Electrical

Stock rear speakers

Box In Design Stage
Stock Radio
My Build Log

The blocks are not used in the least bit again I am not sure on the discoloration but it has already been explained to you.

Furthermore you sir are reaching you really are. 1mm and 58 strands is not worth a damn thing in the end. You were expecting more but the wire was literally a mm smaller? Are you kidding me are you really so petty that you would make a thread that doesn't prove any point aside from great wire and customer service. But oh wait we are 1mm smaller than Knu so that's the huge turn off? We appreciate the business and you taking time to make the thread, I apologize that you are not happy with the blocks and I am sure someone will get to the bottom of it but talking about the wire like its so much smaller than the knu is laughable. As far as tinning goes tinning wire has its cons as well.

Alright, you do know more about the company than me, for sure. If you say they're not used then I honestly believe you. Maybe I am just really unlucky, and got the 8 that slipped through the cracks. I have seen a lot of people happy with the products, and the huggers have obviously come to defend SHCA in this thread. But, your QC could use some work, simply in my opinion.

I never made it sound like it was "so much smaller" than Knu. I simply said it wasn't bigger, and gave my own personal measurements. You and others in this thread are the ones that took it that way. For like the 5th time in this thread, I was not knocking the wire, simply comparing it to Knu, because I had seen it written in a bunch of places that this was bigger wire. It's not, and that's all I am/was saying.

Did you feel left out the first time you were ignored?

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

Yup, I did. It's bullshit that you're slandering on 2 different forums, I hate trolls and wasn't going to tolerate you slandering Jon's good name

Stinger FAST Rings

Stock Electrical

Stock rear speakers

Box In Design Stage
Stock Radio
My Build Log

I flew out to reno to assist with the first order of all of this. Another friend drove from sac to help as well youre talking about 5 guys going through everything marking it and listing it while also dealing with orders running a shop and still having the fastest shipping possible. On a regular day 2 people handle this stuff and they manage to keep as many people happy as possible and if the only complaint is some discolored blocks then thank God. The amount of stuff that came in the order was overwhelming but lets you appreciate how hard Jon works to offer awesome cs fast shipping and a well priced item. No one is knocking you for having an opinion but it comes off as youre trying to hunt for something wrong.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

So, received a shipment from Jim today. Got Sky High's 1/0ga lugs, fuse blocks, 8ga and 4ga wire. 1/0ga ordered, but they are backordered a bit. Here are the fuse blocks I ordered as new:
DSC_5273_zps114f3c3e.jpg
Yes, that's solder and paste on the inside of the blocks.
Talked to Jim right away, and he said that Sky High is shipping out new ones directly to me today. I have to ship the old ones back, which I'm not super happy about. I am impressed with the CS, if not much else.
On to the wire. I bought this to compare, because everyone else has said how much better this is and that it was much bigger physically. Pic first. Black is Sky High Car Audio, Green is Knu Konceptz. Both OFC:
DSC_5272_zps066b236b.jpg
Stats:
Sky High Car Audio 4ga OFC
- Rated at 175A
- 2000 strands
- Core diameter (as measured by me): 7mm
- Jacket OD diameter (as measured by me): 12mm
Knu Konceptz Kolossus Kandy 4ga OFC
- Rated at 150A
- 2058 strands
- Core diameter (as measured by me): 8mm
- Jacket OD diameter(as measured by me): 10mm
Two things in favor of the Sky High: it is a deeper copper color, indicating possibly a higher copper content (or simply the lack of tinning that Knu does), and the jacket is thicker. But it is NOT thicker wire as everyone has said as you can see in the pic, and has less strands.
Don't get me wrong, it's good wire for sure, and according to the ratings can carry more current. I would still take this over many brands. But it is not the wire most people describe it as.

this is an entertaining thread so far. you need a re-fill on your shca kool-aid. there seem to be plenty of folks around here that could definitely stand to part with some.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

Yup, I did. It's bullshit that you're slandering on 2 different forums, I hate trolls and wasn't going to tolerate you slandering Jon's good name

No one is slandering his name. In fact, he's been great as far as replacing these. Sent me new ones quick. I sent the first set of 4 back to him, he is now sending me new ring terminal style blocks free. And this isn't trolling dude, this is my experience and very true. I'm not lying or posting simply to egg people on. Or maybe you take anything that you don't agree with as trolling?

Archived