Sundown Audio

Two Sundown X-12's on two RF 1500 BDCP's in a 06 tib ** Subs have arrived!! Pics insde!! Pg 2**

from the direct swap can you tell they play much lower than your old subs with authority?

Even with the DAD BD 12s which had an fs of 28hz still sounded mechanical at 21hz, specifically with the song I Cook ( Mega Screwed by Big Pimpin )...These subs do not produce that same sound on the same song...

Like I stated above - I just can't get over that I am now able to play this low...previously bottoming out was something you needed to be careful of when playing the low stuff (below 25hz)....not anymore, these subs have more than enough throw to get the job done! I can't imagine what builds are gonna be like in the future with these things....especially with the 15's and 18's :o

I see what you mean but I don't see how even with the BD's being tuned to 26hz and you can't play 25hz without bottoming out, you should be able to play into the high teens maybe lower before risking damage, you positive that box is tuned so low? by the looks of it the port seems kinda big for the tuning unless there's a bunch of L's inside the box to keep the length going, regardless I wanna see more vids of this thing! you think you could put some more power to them with ease?

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

Cant wait to get a 15 good lord. More vids nowww!

The spot with least resistance LOL.

I would ground to a rubber dildo if it had less resistance than a run of 4/0 wiring.

how many poeple work there 3 or 4 lol

At crescendo HQ? probably 2-3

At the sweatshop in china? 30,000 children

No Engine

Damn, they really like the lows.

Song was BME click - Lil' Jon (Big pimpin version) & Throw it up (slowed down 35%)....

These subs absolutely murder any frequency...even sound pretty darn good on the higher stuff...I am still a little gun shy on the low low stuff (below 20hz stuff) but I have no reason to be, the subs handle it like a champ...I am just used to typical subs not made for the low end (:

Will make some vids today!!

On a side note we actually broke part of the port inside the enclosure from the all thread (these subs are very destructive so brace accordingly), my poor hatch is begging for mercy...might be time to wall this thing... (;

Sounds like they are doing what they are designed for in your setup -- glad to hear it ! :)

Thats a great score as well.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

Damn, they really like the lows.

Song was BME click - Lil' Jon (Big pimpin version) & Throw it up (slowed down 35%)....

These subs absolutely murder any frequency...even sound pretty darn good on the higher stuff...I am still a little gun shy on the low low stuff (below 20hz stuff) but I have no reason to be, the subs handle it like a champ...I am just used to typical subs not made for the low end (:

Will make some vids today!!

On a side note we actually broke part of the port inside the enclosure from the all thread (these subs are very destructive so brace accordingly), my poor hatch is begging for mercy...might be time to wall this thing... (;

Sounds like they are doing what they are designed for in your setup -- glad to hear it ! :)

Thats a great score as well.

Thanks Jacob!

I got to hear derek's "Green Monster" with the 8 zv4 15's in the C-Pillar 4th order....all I can say is you really designed a winner here, it was the main attraction at slamology....

These may not be a burp/spl type sub, but let me tell you...anyone who says "I don't want to run the Sundown X or Zv4 because I want highs too, not just lows", they are down right wrong...These subs have no problem playing higher frequency stuff too...

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

2011 Ford Ranger Sport 4.0 v6

2 sundown audio prototype nsv4 15s

crossfire 4k wired to 0.4 ohm

15 banks of maxwell 3.0 caps @ 18v

triple alts (x2 us alt 250's, x1 singer 320)

153 at 23hz

from the direct swap can you tell they play much lower than your old subs with authority?

Even with the DAD BD 12s which had an fs of 28hz still sounded mechanical at 21hz, specifically with the song I Cook ( Mega Screwed by Big Pimpin )...These subs do not produce that same sound on the same song...

Like I stated above - I just can't get over that I am now able to play this low...previously bottoming out was something you needed to be careful of when playing the low stuff (below 25hz)....not anymore, these subs have more than enough throw to get the job done! I can't imagine what builds are gonna be like in the future with these things....especially with the 15's and 18's :o

I see what you mean but I don't see how even with the BD's being tuned to 26hz and you can't play 25hz without bottoming out, you should be able to play into the high teens maybe lower before risking damage, you positive that box is tuned so low? by the looks of it the port seems kinda big for the tuning unless there's a bunch of L's inside the box to keep the length going, regardless I wanna see more vids of this thing! you think you could put some more power to them with ease?

Let me re-clarify a bit....

The DAD BD series only have two spiders and they are spaced apart also...didn't take much power to get them moving pretty well....even with the enclosure being tuned at 26hz (yes it is tuned that low - I checked it with my SMD IM-SG1) you still had to be careful on anything below 25hz and they were prob seeing 1kish each with the skars......

the port is only L'd once....but if I recall it is close to 40" long haha....

In this size enclosure I would probably feel safe running 1,750-2k to them (2.5 cubes per sub)

If you plan on running rated power though I wouldn't be afraid to throw them in 3.0-3.25 cubes per sub maybe even 3.5 cubes..

I REALLY can't wait to see some enclosure designs people make for these things (:

To conclude: On my way home from work today while playing my system: This set up now feels VERY comparable with the two DAD BD 12s on the 6k at o.5 (god rest their souls lol)...which is very impressive (:

2011 Ford Ranger Sport 4.0 v6

2 sundown audio prototype nsv4 15s

crossfire 4k wired to 0.4 ohm

15 banks of maxwell 3.0 caps @ 18v

triple alts (x2 us alt 250's, x1 singer 320)

153 at 23hz

I think most people will be pleasantly surprised by how effortlessly these new platform drivers play the ultra-lows.

I have tried to ring it home that they do play fine up higher -- they simply like to PEAK much lower due to the very low FS.

I am developing a whole suite of 10/12/15/18" light weight (carbon fiber / fiberglass material) / smaller surround (the surround is about 80% of the mass of the piston) SPL cones for those that want to draw the peak upward -- the "smaller" surround is still good for ~40mm ; so it maintains about 70-80% of the excursion capacity. Oh yes -- and "stacking" poly-cotton spiders for the new platform frames in all the new sizes; they are the same material and roll type as our older NS v.1/v.2 spider packs but with beefier lead wires and more throw thanks to bigger OD. They offer the ability to more specifically dial in the FS and the material is more consistant in terms of FS over a broader range of temperatures (the packs vary a few Hz +/- as the bonding adhesive heats up).

In any event... expect big things in both low-frequency and SPL applications from the new platforms -- we just concentrated on daily use on the stock models :)

Edited by sundownz

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

Im so hyped right now.. I need my sh*t NOW...lol I done miss 2 bass-off and about to miss another.. I hope im not disappointed when my 2 15s get here..

You getting two X 15's?

Yes and might get 2 more for a wall setup later this year if I like the 2 that i already per order...

Vehicle: 2005 Kia Sorrento Ex

Head Unit: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Mids & Highs: Motorola KSN-1005s & Alpine SPR-17C Type R 6.5s

Speaker Amp: Sony XM-ZR1252

Sub Amplifier: Pure Audio 3000.1

Subwoofer: Incriminator Audio Death Penalty 21"