Sundown Audio

Stop cluttering Stephen's thread here. You don't recommend to noobs to run below 1 ohm. I'm experienced and 1 ohm daily is perfectly fine for me. I'm glad you have exposures that are inefficient enough to get away with .5 ohm nominal loads. I wouldn't want to advise someone to run below 1 ohm when it is MUCH more unsafe and an unstable environment for equipment.

So, I'm not sure why you're asking me in someone else's thread about why I don't like to run half ohm for daily. I have never personally fried one piece of my stuff from staying sage and running 1 ohm or above. If you want to put out X amount of power, buy an amp and FEED that amp the proper electrical to get x amount of power. Dont but a product and then run the absolute dog piss out of it and harm something in the process. I realize you haven't DIRECTLY informed the OP to run half ohm, but you're sure trying to play the devil's advocate about it being ok, which is just as bad. If you have a question specifically for me, or you disagree with me, PM me. I won't clutter this thread up any further.

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

The increase is cone area (two 15's over two 12's), and the addition of 25% more power, should be quite noticeable assuming you have the space for the recommended enclosure for the 15's.

Not sure how big of a trunk an Accord has, but it sure is a tight squeeze to fit two 15's in the trunk of my Buick, without building in the trunk. What are you maximum dimensions?

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

1000-1200 w will be enough ! You don't need the 1500, but if you have the money, why not. It will give you some head room, not a bad thing at all, but it's not needed.
Get 2 D4 and a 1200 w amp. you will be good to go !

If you want to be loud, build a box for that. Don't try to be loud with only adding power. It's expensive and inefficient at those levels of dBs.

Good luck

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

LOL, at the person telling someone inexperienced to run .5 on a 1500w amp for a budget daily setup.

Like Notorious said...build a good enclosure...aim for what you want. Tons of people have SA series subs....you give this forum your max dimensions and they will point you exactly in the direction you need to go...as far as 2-12's 2-15's...2-10's...whatever you have the proper airspace for to get what you want out of it.

2-15's might look cool, but if you don't have the area for it, 2-12's or even 2-10's would be better in a proper enclosure.

IMO accord = probably not enough room for 15's without glassing...or building inside the car...maybe wall??

Edited by Chris Hammer

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

.5 daily on a somewhat noob ( sorry man, its just a term) who i am sure likes his WARRANTY!!!!!!!

anything below 1 ohm voids the warranty

Daily Driver 1999 Kia Sephia

Kenwood DNX-893s
Audison Bit One Processor
2 Dat 4.125's
Sundown Audio SCV-6k
Hertz hsk-165xl's Mids running active                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Focal V30 Series Tweeters running active 
Sundown Sa-8 v1's in the doors
2 Sundown Zv5 12's 
Lots of Hushmat
Big 3+ and 3 + & 3- runs of Trystar 2/0
2 Dc Power Engineering 320 HP Alts

2017 Comp Vehicle
2006 Toyota 4 Runner
Kenwood Excelon DNX-893s                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Audison Bit One HD DSP
4 Sundown Sa 6.5v2 Component Sets 
Focal Access 6.5 2 ways
Sundown Audio Sax-50.4                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Sundown Audio Sax-100.4
2 Dc Power 370xp
Northstar agm27f
Northstar agm65
2 Northstar asmagm 480's
2 Dual 1 Sundown Nightshade v3 12's
2 Sundown SCV-7500's
All SMD Fuse Holders
Shitload Of Sundown 1/0

120 sq ft Second Skin Damp Pro

No, Its Not A Burp Truck!!!!

2016 Season 3rd place in Xtreme 1 At Finals

2016 Season 6th Place In Kaos 1 At Finals ( Blew The Subs Up In First Round Eliminations)

2 Kansas State Records Set In 2016 In Xtreme 1 And Kaos 1 In Midwest SPL

2-1.jpgsa.jpg
DCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

David said:

audio is a lifestyle, not a hobby

newls1
I cant read a tape to save my life... 1/2's are ok, but other marks confuse me
kingsuv
only men who cant read a tape, take it in the ass
kingsuv
you sir, get a pink hard hat on jobsites

Ill give you a story about running at half ohm. I bought an amp that was rated and warenteed at half ohm. Ran 1/0 wire for my big 4 and to the rear distribution blocks. No extra batts and a stock 110 amp alt. Ran it at 2 ohms to break in subs. After two weeks i fliped it to. 5 and yes it was definatly an audible difference. About two weeks later i notice its not playing and that all the fuses are blown in the amp. Replace the fuses and switch it on. Instant magic smoke, wish i had a camera, that would have been a cool vid. Long story short they didnt have an exact replacement for the amp so they sent me the next step up at no more cost to me exept shipping the fried one back to them. I invested in another pos run and a neg run and two batts in the back. Iv been running on this setup for a while with a few multi hour runs on the highway with no probs. Would i recomend. 5 ? Hell no.

I just wish i had a funny sig.

Idk I run half but its not something I'd recommend until you accumulate the electrical things like I still had 2 runs of 1/0 big 3 in 1/0 and 3extra kinetiks from my last setup but lol there's never enough power lol stuff keeps adding and adding

Op why don't u get the crescendo amp and the two sa's they'll take it I had my sa's on a hifonics 2400 then a Rockford t1500 which put out like 1900 they never got stinky or anything except when the excess glue was burning off

Idk I run half but its not something I'd recommend until you accumulate the electrical things like I still had 2 runs of 1/0 big 3 in 1/0 and 3extra kinetiks from my last setup but lol there's never enough power lol stuff keeps adding and adding

Op why don't u get the crescendo amp and the two sa's they'll take it I had my sa's on a hifonics 2400 then a Rockford t1500 which put out like 1900 they never got stinky or anything except when the excess glue was burning off

Look at the bottom of the first page ;) BC2000D is interesting me, but I don't know what to power them off of, 2 12" Sundown X's(1250RMS Each and way more expensive) or 1 XCON(2250RMS)15". I have about 4ish cubic ft to work with.

Edited by Stephen Dunnington