Sonic Electronix

Ok so I finally was able to meter my setup. I'm new to this and not sure if this is good or not. To start off I have a 05 Tahoe with 4 Obsidian Audio 18's in a 23.28 cu ft box tuned to around 32 hz. 2 RE Audio XTX5000.1 on subs at 1 ohm each amp. XS Power D3100 in back and XS Power D925 in front. Stock alternator. I do have a Mechman 270 now but metered it with stock. I played music and it read a 149.6 in the kick, is this pretty good on music? Never metered before so I don't know what to expect. I have put the alternator now a wanna meter it again. What kinda bass tone should I play when I meter it? I played a 32 hz tone last time. I was told later on I should have done a 40 hz tone. What do you guys think?

the box is 48 wide x 27 height x 40 length. All pieces are 1 inch thick except top which is 1 1/2 inch thick. I measured the port from hatch and its 3 inches from touching. Im thinking of building another box that is 48 x 38 x 24. would this help more? and also building it with interchangeable ports.

Archived