H.O. Alternator for my LS1 Corvette engine...?? Ideas, manufacturers?

I have 2 vehicles: My 1994 Mazda RX7 (FD) and my 1971 Chevy Nova SS, both with 2001 Corvette 5.7L LS1 engines in them. It is extremely difficult to find any alternators that aren't 140 amp (stock) that fit the LS1 engine, the ones I find are between 200-240 amps and they are generally between $750-$1,000 (which seems extremely high to me, at least double what it should be in my opinion).

My current system requirements for my RX7:

1 - Kenwood DNX7190HD DVD/Navigation

1 set - Infinity 5"x7" Component Speakers (680.9cs)

1 set - Kicker SS 5 1/4" (SS56.2)

1 - Infinity 7541A 4-Channel Amp

2 - 10" Kicker L7 Truck Boxes (11TS10L72)

1 - Hifonics Brutus BRZ1700.1D

Battery relocated from the engine bay to the rear compartment behind the passenger seat.

Pretty basic setup, extremely limited room in the hatch of the RX7, I would like more bass but the 2 L7 truck boxes BARELY fit.

Possible RX7 subwoofer/amp upgrades I would like to make after I blow these L7s, maybe before than:

4 - 8" Sundown SA-8V2s Dual 2 Ohm (not sure that 4 will fit with box air volume requirements)

or

1 - 18" DC Level 6 or 18" Ascendant Audio SMD (again, box volume requirements for my LIMITED hatch space)

1 - Orion HCCA4000.1D or Orion HCCA7500.1D amp

My current system requirements for my Nova (equipment bought, waiting to be installed):

4 - 12" Alpine Type R subs

2 - Infinity 1211A Class-D amps

Undecided as of yet for kick panel/rear deck speakers/headunit/4 channel amp

Possible Nova subwoofer/amp upgrades (I'd like to make 155db+), I'm seriously considering selling my equipment (all brand new in the box):

2 or 3 - 12" or 15" Orion HCCA subs

1 - Orion HCCA7500.1D or Orion HCCA11000.1D amp

Almost, I have heard MANY differing opinions on the subject. I have Optima Red Top batteries in all 3 of my vehicles, what's better... Red top or yellow top?

1994 Mazda RX7 with LS1 Swap and 2 - 10" Kicker L7's in Truck Boxes (because of extremely limited hatch space)

2003 GMC Yukon XL with 3 - 12" MTX 9500's and still has the third row seat (over 7.5 cu ft of enclosures behind third row)

1971 Chevrolet Nova with LS1 Swap (work in progress, most likely 4 - 12" Alpine Type R's as I already have them)

1961 Chevrolet Corvette Restomod with LS7 Swap (system upgrade will be one of the first things that I'll do)

Solo Basshead For The Most Part, None Of My Close Friends Have A Passion For It, Nor The Money For It. If I'm Home And Free... Always Looking To Meet Up With A Fellow Enthusiast To Talk Shop Or Do Demos! Hard To Find Fellow Bassheads (Not Crack or Heroin Addicts, I Can Find Them Everywhere) In Baltimore / Mid-Atlantic / DMV areas.

Archived