DC Sound Lab

Cmon man. You even had signs telling you something bad was gonna happen

I've gotten a blowjob and picked up my iphone behind her back to see what email notification I got from smd before

ok aside from the obvious that i did everything wrong.. woofer still plays my concern is do i need a recone ? im not gonna play music on it untill i get evrything right .. i have an oscope on the way someone replied in the other post saying that the coil might have been bubbling? anyone is familiar with that ?

the bubbling i stated in the other, i saw first hand, and Rusty explained it to me (the owner of DC). The massive heat build up can cause gasses while the resin/glue starts to melt and evaporate on the windings, with the flatwound coils, there is no where for this gas to go, so it takes the path of least resistance, the aluminum former, which it will bubble out and create a ridge all the way down to the bottom of the former where it can escape. this ridge can touch the pole and cause a rattling sound.

your problem might be this, it might not, but a recone is probably the only thing to fix your said "rattle".

man if i have to recone 1 i might as well just recone both to upgrade them ( i have 2 woofers i had only 1 playing)

if you cut the dustcap off without hurting the cone, looking down to the pole and coil will be your best bet.

if you have the issue i stated above, you will see something like this....

ha53.jpg

which kind of dustcap do you have?

575549_557893070927453_1222144159_n.jpg

Check the impedance on the coils and see if one is gone. If they are still good, keep playing it but get your electrical right and set your gains properly. If there is still that rattle, then it is time for a recone.

ok aside from the obvious that i did everything wrong.. woofer still plays my concern is do i need a recone ? im not gonna play music on it untill i get evrything right .. i have an oscope on the way someone replied in the other post saying that the coil might have been bubbling? anyone is familiar with that ?

the bubbling i stated in the other, i saw first hand, and Rusty explained it to me (the owner of DC). The massive heat build up can cause gasses while the resin/glue starts to melt and evaporate on the windings, with the flatwound coils, there is no where for this gas to go, so it takes the path of least resistance, the aluminum former, which it will bubble out and create a ridge all the way down to the bottom of the former where it can escape. this ridge can touch the pole and cause a rattling sound.

your problem might be this, it might not, but a recone is probably the only thing to fix your said "rattle".

man if i have to recone 1 i might as well just recone both to upgrade them ( i have 2 woofers i had only 1 playing)

if you cut the dustcap off without hurting the cone, looking down to the pole and coil will be your best bet.

if you have the issue i stated above, you will see something like this....

ha53.jpg

which kind of dustcap do you have?

as of right now i would dare to cut the dust cap offf knowing that evrything ive done is wrong so far

Not reading through the whole thread on mobile.

Why are you running a 5k amp on stock electrical? That is problem number one.

Two: that amp is a bit too much power for the sub in the first place.

Three: how did you determine that 1/2 gain was the proper setting for you?

Four: beats for my van right? That's pretty low. You sure you didn't bottom out your sub?

Does the sub scrape when you push down on the cone by hand?

What do the cools read if you check them with a DMM?

Posting to see if there are any funny comments. 11.5 volts= awesome

There already was.. "SAZ4500 on stock electrical.." "I doubt it dropped below 11.5 volts.." He'll get it straight though I'm sure

Edited by 03 Xtreme Fosgate