Second Skin Audio

2 - 3 cu ft to use... What to choose?

Ok, I have super limited space in my RX7, I have probably about 2 1/2 to 3 cu ft of useable space in the hatch of my 1994 Mazda RX7. Right now I have 2 - Kicker L7 Truck Boxes in it (model 08TS10L72), and they barely fit. They aren't not loud, but I'm looking for as loud as I can fit in there. I used to have 4 - 12's in my Ford Probe, and that was LOUD, I just don't have the same space available in here to fit much. If you had 2 - 3 cu ft of space to use... what would you choose?

1994 Mazda RX7 with LS1 Swap and 2 - 10" Kicker L7's in Truck Boxes (because of extremely limited hatch space)

2003 GMC Yukon XL with 3 - 12" MTX 9500's and still has the third row seat (over 7.5 cu ft of enclosures behind third row)

1971 Chevrolet Nova with LS1 Swap (work in progress, most likely 4 - 12" Alpine Type R's as I already have them)

1961 Chevrolet Corvette Restomod with LS7 Swap (system upgrade will be one of the first things that I'll do)

Solo Basshead For The Most Part, None Of My Close Friends Have A Passion For It, Nor The Money For It. If I'm Home And Free... Always Looking To Meet Up With A Fellow Enthusiast To Talk Shop Or Do Demos! Hard To Find Fellow Bassheads (Not Crack or Heroin Addicts, I Can Find Them Everywhere) In Baltimore / Mid-Atlantic / DMV areas.

A single DD9512.

Looks like that would be perfect for my current amp too. I need to get some termlab numbers for what my car is doing now, so I'll get a conceptual idea of what kind of numbers I'd be looking at with the DD 9512. I'd love to have something in the mid-150s, I never got my Probe on a termlab when I had my 4 - 12's, but I know it had to be in the mid-150s.

1994 Mazda RX7 with LS1 Swap and 2 - 10" Kicker L7's in Truck Boxes (because of extremely limited hatch space)

2003 GMC Yukon XL with 3 - 12" MTX 9500's and still has the third row seat (over 7.5 cu ft of enclosures behind third row)

1971 Chevrolet Nova with LS1 Swap (work in progress, most likely 4 - 12" Alpine Type R's as I already have them)

1961 Chevrolet Corvette Restomod with LS7 Swap (system upgrade will be one of the first things that I'll do)

Solo Basshead For The Most Part, None Of My Close Friends Have A Passion For It, Nor The Money For It. If I'm Home And Free... Always Looking To Meet Up With A Fellow Enthusiast To Talk Shop Or Do Demos! Hard To Find Fellow Bassheads (Not Crack or Heroin Addicts, I Can Find Them Everywhere) In Baltimore / Mid-Atlantic / DMV areas.

A single DD9512.

Looks like that would be perfect for my current amp too. I need to get some termlab numbers for what my car is doing now, so I'll get a conceptual idea of what kind of numbers I'd be looking at with the DD 9512. I'd love to have something in the mid-150s, I never got my Probe on a termlab when I had my 4 - 12's, but I know it had to be in the mid-150s.

single 9512, i think your stretching a little far to want mid 150s

Post some measurement

As depth may come into play here

Your l710 should do well in that space if its net , gross on the other hand no if it ported

Also post the box you have now and the measurement + that amp and wiring config plus coil config

Thoes 2 10" sealed on 2k should still get loud

Edit

3-4x sa8 or slimar will get loud in that space I. The right power(2.5-4k)

id probably do 2 good 8's in that

Hell ya. 2 SA 8v2 or 2 DC M3 8's on 1500w would work great.

2.2-2.5 gross is need for 2 sa8 with slot port in 0.7net each

So you could do 3 easily or depending on design 4x 8" ported

Another option sealed in big power

In 3cuft gross (box design pending in measurements)upto 10x sd2 8" on upto 6000rms

Here's a picture of the old setup that was in there when I bought it. You can see it's not square dimensions. It's 24" Wide in the front, 38" Wide in near the rear (widest part), 30" in Length from front to back, and 11" Deep. image_url-106511-1373441474.jpg

Archived