Need some personal advice, guys.

I dont see how paying for insurance, gas, or repairs makes a difference.. First off is that vehicle in your name solely? Not only will calling insurance go on his record but yours also. So you screw yourself and your dad when you premium goes up.. Ask dad to take care of it, if he doesn't take care of it yourself.. Smh. It's part of owning a vehicle shit happens you just gotta fix it and move on.

That's why I edited my post it wasn't directed toward your comment, yours came in while I was still typing. It isn't right for his dad to have that attitude but I am sure his dad feels entitled somewhat for paying for the car.

Sorry I don't agree, to me you cut your family slack. Its your dad dude and he bought you the car... I mean it sucks but maybe you could ask him to help you fix it if it isn't that bad?

Cut your family slack? You mean like dad saying he was gonna do "nothing, it aint that bad"

Piss or get off the pot. Either your gonna call or not plain and simple.

Now we gotta play dr. phil and psycho analyze how each choice will effect the family, pass.............

We're all good, just a bunch of people sharing their opinion. i don't take to much personal

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

Is this something that would cause you to have to move?

I would go to the repair shop and see how much it will cost to fix, and then try to find a solution with your dad on how it can be taken care of either by both of you, or splitting the cost, or him paying the whole cost.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

So now we don't have to take responsibility for our actions anymore? Awesome, i'm gonna see how I can use this to my advantage with my kids.

then people wonder why society is so fucked up.

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

If you still live at home STFU

Bull fucking shit!

If OP pays all the costs to keep the vehicle insured, registered and maintained, it is irrelevant whether he lives there or not.

OP, you pay insurance every month for a reason, use it.

But let me tell you something, if my dad had done this to the car he gave me he would have told me ASAP and had me take care of it. he taught me RESPECT for other people's things regardless of how they acquired them. If you fuck someones shit up you tell them and make it right, period.

This is where I'm shocked. I know damn well I would have to fix his car if the roles were reversed. And I'm shocked that he didn't tell me first thing.

this thread is exactly whats going on in my head. I'm thinking about both sides and both opinions that are flying in here. ultimately I think I'll be going through insurance I'd rather avoid any bullshit that might bring with it.

I don;t think my insurance would go up though, since I wasn't at fault.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

It is YOUR car now. So he fixes it or you report it...talk to your insurance NOW...tell them you are going to try and solve it but if it doesnt work out within a week that you will need them to get involved. I was hi by a girl a year ago, they wanted to settle on the side, but I still called my inurance and gave them photos so If they tried to fuck me I wa all set already.

Ifamily stuff fucking sucks but stick to your guns.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

So now we don't have to take responsibility for our actions anymore? Awesome, i'm gonna see how I can use this to my advantage with my kids.

then people wonder why society is so fucked up.

RIGHT?! thank god I don't act like this. I don't know who taught me this but I'm pretty sure a man is supposed to step up and take responsibility for his actions.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Exactly, ask him what would happen if the roles were reversed.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Archived