Sonic Electronix

ok so my set up is

i have 4 gauge wire running to my trunk area and have a second battery running 2 ken wood 1800w monoblock class d amps.

4 kicker 12cvrs and 4 gauge grounding the amps 80amp inline fuses(3. one from front battery, one to each amp from second battery). everything has been running fantastic until today my inline fuse to one of the amps blew so i replaced it, then the fuse in the amp blew, i replaced it lol, then the inline popped again. idk what the problem is with it but ive checked the power wires and ground and there is nothing wrong with them everything seems to be fine. so if anyone has had this problem or has a general idea how to fix this please let me know. i would greatly appreciate it

Wouldn't have anything to do with the smaller 4ga wire your running from front to back, nope.

Sarcasm aside you really want to upgrade that to at least 1/0 to make sure everything is getting the proper amount of electrical it can all handle.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Wouldn't have anything to do with the smaller 4ga wire your running from front to back, nope.

Sarcasm aside you really want to upgrade that to at least 1/0 if not running a second one to make sure everything is getting the proper amount of electrical it can all handle.

I think the 4ga should be fine for that amp. It only does rated at best and is fused at 90amps.

edit:

lol, noticed he is running 2. Still, 4ga might be enough if i read snafu's threads correctly.

does the fuse pop with car off? or only pops once you turn amp on? and all other amps fuses are fine and battery line fuses are fine? just one amp that keeps blowing fuse?

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

What coils do your subs have, how are they wired? What is your final ohm load?

all are dual voice coil. i have 2 of the 2ohm new model ones wired to 2 ohms. then i have 2 of the older model 4ohm ones both wired seperately to 2 ohms each. 4ohm and 2 ohm subwoofers are setup on different amps.

i would like to go ahead and apologize for being a noob with this. i just recently got into the whole audio thing. i have had the 4ohm ones for years but never really used them much.

all are dual voice coil. i have 2 of the 2ohm new model ones wired to 2 ohms. then i have 2 of the older model 4ohm ones both wired seperately to 2 ohms each. 4ohm and 2 ohm subwoofers are setup on different amps.

i would like to go ahead and apologize for being a noob with this. i just recently got into the whole audio thing. i have had the 4ohm ones for years but never really used them much.

oh and i do plan on upping the wire to 0gauge asap but it all had been running fine until the other day. for maybe a month or so

Archived